It's official. I hit a plateau.

Options
cavewoman15
cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
Hi girls -

Looking for some tips or encouragement. I've been hovering at my current weight for a month or so. I'm half way to my goal. The plateau is because I went on two long trips during this past month. I exercised and did OK on food, but it's hard when you're traveling.

Any tips on getting over a plateau?

Replies

• ashstarz
    ashstarz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights??? I always push up my weights when i hit a plateu to get past it or introduce a new exercise... like swimming. I can do it! Find something to change your body even further!
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    I had a 3 week stall where I didn't lose or gain. I started exercising more and not eating back my exercise calories and finally had a 1lb loss last week.
    Good luck to you!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am one poiund away from my goal and I haven't lost in about four weeks. I started swimming laps hopefully it will help.
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've done some research and the suggestions here are good ones too. I feel like I've been on a plateau longer than I've had consecutive weeks of losing weight! On the other hand, I'm loving that I've lost as much as I have! :)

For me, it's exercise more (pretty much only go to the gym once a week, and walk a lot during the week) and lift weights!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like -- I need more 5'7 friends, esp those on plateaus! :)
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    thanks girls! i usually lift weights, but with the traveling i was doing more outside exercise and wasn't able to lift much/at all. i'm back in it this week though so maybe that will help. i like the idea of introducing a new exercise. i'm about to sign up for a 4 mile race in my hometown so i think i'll add HIIT running twice a week (was only doing it once a week).

thanks!! i'll update you with results in 2-3 weeks. :)
  • ammire82
    ammire82 Posts: 50
    Options
    every time I hit a plateau it's cause I've gotten "to busy" and stopped doing my cardio. To jump start it back I'll bike 20 mins every day for a week then go back to 2-4 times a week. I read somewhere that you can't burn fat without doing your cardio and so far my dieting has proven that. So go for a walk, run, ride or whatever to get that heart rate up and your blood pumping. Hope it helps.

on a side note, I noticed fear does it pretty well too lol letting my husband drive for awhile does it for me