stfuandrun's Body Revolution Journey

Options
stfuandrun
stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
Hey everyone! I thought I would start my own progress thread. I am starting the Body Revolution workouts today. I have been doing Jillian's No More Trouble Zones for about 8 weeks (3-4x a week) so I had a killer base to start with. I looked at workout 1 & 2 and decided to skip them and just go straight for workout 3 to start. I found I could do all the moves and even most of the more challenging modifications. At risk of sounding like an *kitten*, I have to say that workout 3 wasn't that hard. Don't get me wrong, I was sweating but I never felt like I was going to die. I know she will be KILLING me later, though. Some of the moves are super awkward, too.

I won't be doing the Cardio dvd since I run every day. I do about 6 hours of running a week, sometimes more if I'm training for a longer race. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of results I will have at the end of the program. My favorite part is that it's only 30 minutes. NMTZ was 55 minutes from start to finish. I will be starting my last semester of nursing school at the end of August so it's essential I be able to keep up my running and a strength type workout while still having time to study and be with my family and this is perfect.

Let the *kitten* whooping begin!

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I think you are right to skip 1 and 2, I ended up moving on 1 week early, I was bored. I think they are really helpful if you are going from sedentary, though.

Good luck!
  • stfuandrun
    Options
    Thank you! I'm glad to hear that someone else skipped workout 1 & 2.

I just finished workout 4 and I didn't think it was hard, but I definitely got a workout. Those fast feet kill me. And I suck hard at the boxing combo things. I just kind of swing wildly. lol My husband did it with me and at first he felt ridiculous but at the end he said he felt like he got a great workout and was glad he did it. Also, I can hold plank way longer than him. Bwahahaha.
  • stfuandrun
    Options
    I did a 4 mile run Wednesday instead of the Cardio DVD. Today I did 6.3 miles of intervals and then Workout 3. Followed by a giant glass of chocolate milk. You know, for the protein.
  • stfuandrun
    Options
    I am on week 2 of workout 3&4. My husband has been doing it with me. Still doing running instead of the Cardio DVDs.

Diet is the hardest part for me. 1200 calories makes me want to murder people so I generally stick to 1400 a day. Some days I am starving though (Sundays, my long run days for example) so I eat more. I generally eat healthy but tend to have a treat every day.
  • stfuandrun
    Options
    Woo! Done with Phase 1. I will move on to Phase 2 on Monday. I'm ready for the hurt. Maybe. Ha.
  • stfuandrun
    Options
    Workout 5 is harder than the last 2, thank goodness. I actually felt challenged and was working up a serious sweat. Awesome!