Olympics

Options
Flixie00
Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
I am so looking forward to the Olymprics, I live next door to Stratford in Leyton and I know that the tube will be up the creek, but I don't care. I am genuinely excited and can't wait for the opening ceremony. I have tickets for a few events, but just the whole idea excites me. I know as a Londoner I am supposed to be grumpy about the Olympics and swear that I plan to leave the city for the duration but I cannot help but be optomistic. I am more likely to have problems than most with travel and have been given an out from work as I have a laptop and blackberry so can work from home if needs be, but I would rather struggle in.

Am I the only one?

Replies

• currymonster67
    Options
    Saw Mexico beat Senegal at Wembley on Sat, 81,500 crowd, lots of Sombreros
  • Flixie00
    Options
    Mexican fans are fantastic, there was a group of them in the aquatic centre to watch the diving on Wednesday, and they all had flags, sombreros and wrestling masks.

I have tickets for the mens football final at Wembley on Saturday, should be a nice warm up for the start of the football season the week after :bigsmile:
  • currymonster67
    Options
    Yeah, can't beat those Mexico fans

mex.jpg
  • luluzombie
    Options
    I had loads of fun at the men's fencing, learning all of the rules and scoring methods. I was surprised by how much fun I had as I knew nothing of the sport before!
    (Also it turns out that all fencers are ridiculously attractive.....)
    LuLu x
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've really been enjoying the olympics , I was one of those people who thought they were gonna hate it.

It has really inspired me to push myself and try new things. :)

Not been able to get tickets for the current olympics events, but got tickets for a few events at the paralympics :)

I did walk down to boxhill for the mens road race on the first day which I really enjoyed and it was a good 5 mile walk!
  • Flixie00
    Options
    I shall be cheering on Mexico in the final on Saturday
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am lucky enough to be there almost everyday - I am a Medical Team Gamesmaker, based at Riverbank for the hockey. Long hours
    but I am going to miss it, last shift on Friday.
    I wear a fitbit and the other night before it reset I had got to 30,500 steps and I wasnt home - lots of walking.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've loved it both at the stadiums (Riverbank & Wembley - Olympic Park so much better than Wembley) and on the box, watched on TV on Saturday ... totally awesome. The travel situation has been ok too, although the central line is in need of some new elastic bands
  • HungryRainb0w
    Options
    Amazing! Totally brilliant and I am now addicted!
    I have been to see beach volleyball, weightlifting, and the football semi-final (Mexico vs. Japan).
    It is quite worrying, but my addiction for the Olympics is crazy! I love it! Desperately trying to search for one more event before the torch is doused out on Sunday!
    If anyone has a spare and would like a new friend...haha!
    Hope everyone is enjoying it, and are looking forward to the Paralympics too! : ]
  • Flixie00
    Options
    M-E-X-I-C-O

:bigsmile:
  • samko1976
    samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Have really been enjoying the Olympics. Great atmosphere in London too- curious to know what it is going to be like after olympics. Went to beach volleyball and looking forward to Paralympics too-going to see the judo. Will be watching the closing ceremony tonight on the box. Should be some good music