Progress Pictures - reached my goal size!

Options
ladyace2078
ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
Here are my latest progress photos since I've finally reached my goal size (8). I've been on MFP since last December 2011 where I started around 196 lbs and a size 14. Through calorie restriction alone (due to exercise restriction from hernia) from Dec - Feb I lost the first 15 lbs. Then I started back to workouts at the end of February after bedrest/recovery from surgery with only a couple of days of light cardio. I started strength training in April using Butt Bible and then loosely have followed NROLFW and NROLFA since May. I lift heavy+HIIT cardio 3 days a week, run 3 miles using the zombies run! app 2 days a week, and play volleyball once a week.

I eat 2500-2800 calories a day, but only track my calories once every couple of weeks as a check in. I still log my exercise. At one point I was doing the same activity level on only 1700 calories a day. Other than that I've never done a VLCD. I target 50-25-25 for my macros because it's more attainable for me.

My NSV: I've gone from a size 14 to a size 8 and a 33% BF to 26%. I also couldn't do any standard push-ups (only 3 on my knees) and now I can do 12 standard. I used to bench press 24 lbs and now I bench 95 lbs. I used to shoulder press 16 lb and now I press 60 lb. I used to barely be able to run 1/2 mile without walking and now I can run 3 miles in about 33 min with no walking. My resting heart rate was about 80 bpm and now it's about 60. The scale has been the worst indicator of my success, honestly.

Note that the July 2008 photos are about 3 months post baby, but that is more or less how my body stayed for a few years. I floated between size 14 and size 12 for most of the last 4 years. There was a time I got down to 183 lb and size 10 by 'eating when I was hungry and stopping when I was satiated' and using the C25K app, but I was still very soft and flabby. Now I can feel all the muscle!
2dulgl3.jpg

opnvcx.jpg

34g91qw.jpg

(Note I'll post this in the progress photos section as well.)

Replies

• Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Great job- picture #6 really tells the story. And the fitness improvements you listed are remarkable- keep up the great work!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look absolutely fab!
    Well done!
    Keep up the great work and keep eating :)
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and congrats on reaching your goal and on the strength you have gained!! This will be inspiring for all!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    AWESOOOOME!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

And talk about "Butt Bible"~ wowza~ I BELIEVE!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Lady~

Just read your profile and saw that you are from Aurora, Colorado, the site of the Movie Theatre shooting.

Just want to acknowledge that this incident touched the entire country and ALL of you are in our thoughts and prayers!

:heart: Rosie:heart:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Well done! And a great example of why it's important to not care about the scale.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! How tall are you? I started this at about 180-185 but looked MUCH bigger than your start. I'm also now 155 and don't look as awesome as you! I know, pounds are so deceiving.

Your fitness achievments are incredible, keep up the great work!!!
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow! Inspiring and helpful for me to see. Congrats. :smile:
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    WOW great work!! Slow and steady wins the race...and you can keep this pace up forever, right!?!

You clearly have a lot of compact muscle, you don't look 173 at all. Inspiring! thanks.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You look amazing!
  • ladyace2078
    Options
    I forgot to include my stats - I'm 5'11" and age 32. I always used to be closer to 160-165 to be a size 8 and my butt/back has never looked so fantastic. I really think it has to do with the muscle I have now. I loved Pauline Nordin's comment on Butt Bible - You can't shape fat, but you can shape muscle. So true.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely incredible and you are a HUGE inspiration to me! We have very similar stats and I'm really hoping that when I hit your weight and bf% I look anything close to how you look. Congrats.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    dayummm girl. look at that booty!! :love:

you look awesome!!!! congrats on meeting your goals!!! :drinker:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    You look amazing....and your stats are pure awesomeness! This goes to show that lifting won't make you look like a man....Rock on!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    By the way...I copied and pasted your story and emailed it to some of my anti-lifting girl friends....they still think that lifting will make them look manly. I hope your story inspires them!
  • ladyace2078
    Options
    By the way...I copied and pasted your story and emailed it to some of my anti-lifting girl friends....they still think that lifting will make them look manly. I hope your story inspires them!

No problem! I used to be afraid to lift anything over 15 lbs. Until I read Staci's story and read NROLFW. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow ! What a inspiring story, you must be so happy ! You can see such a difference in your pics.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    WOW, that's a really marvelous transformation! Congrats on your goal:flowerforyou: