Veggie ideas

Options
MarissaCB39
MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
which ones are the best and how do you like them cooked? I need some fresh ideas on how to eat my veggies, and I'm still in Induction.

suggestions? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like fresh green beans.... steamed first. Then I stir fry them with a little sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and a dibble of oyster sauce. Sometimes I'll use a bit of splenda or stevia for some sweetness. Just fabulous!

Can't wait to hear what others are doing. I need some more good veggie ideas too!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Roast vegetables for more flavor.

Green bean roasted in olive oil.

Green or yellow squash or eggplant sliced into medalions and roasted in olive oil. Flip when bottom side is browned, top with chopped garlic and repeat roasting.

Roasted green squash (ie zuchini ) topped with thin slices of aged gouda cheese

Roasted eggplant topped with goat cheese and chopped basil served with an balsamic/olive oil vinegarette

50g snow peas, 50 g sliced portobello. 1 TBS sesame seeds, 2 TBS chopped red onion. Saute in 1TBS sesame oil. Add 1 package of tofu shiratake noodles (drained and rinsed) (if you insist you can use BLAH miracle noodles ) and 1 TBS of Tamari soy sauce.

Don't forget Avocado, so may ways to serve it. Add to a salad, smash it into guacamole. Serve it with a deviled egg salad.

Steamed broccoli with cheese sauce

Portobella pizza.

Use portobellas as a bun for a burger.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Roasted asparagus with a little olive oil and some cheese sprinkled on top. Steamed artichokes served with melted butter. Fiberlicious.
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    I learned to cook from a Southern Grandma... everything I make has bacon, butter, or olive oil.

Fry up a couple strips of bacon in a cast iron skillet .
    Cooked a couple tablespoons of red onion in the bacon grease, add minced garlic.
    Throw in fresh from the garden steamed green beans.
    When I'm not on the induction phase, I'll add diced tomato too.

Nothing better!
  • kimmbird
    kimmbird Posts: 55
    Options
    I am not a cooked veggie person, so I make soups, salads and smoothies to get my veggies.

Lentil veg soup w chicken broth...vary little lentil
    Cauliflower soup w chicken broth
    Broccoli soup w cheese
    Zucchini & cilantro soup
    All my soups are blended, can't stand the chunky'ness

Salads are self explanatory

Smoothies...always hv 1-2 oz/cups of fresh spinach and or 1/4c pumpkin, avacado too. Sometimes I use cucumbers, parsley, cilantro, mint or kale, even a spicy yellow pepper. All these flavors do fine w the my sweeter tasting smoothies I make. In the beginning I use to doctor up Atkins shakes but I couldn't handle how sweet they tasted. So I started making my own and I feel so good about what I am putting in my body :) **I am a smoothie queen, so friend me if you want some ideas.
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    These ideas sound yummy!! Thanks!