Hobbies n Stuff

Options

Replies

• emmas42
    emmas42 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    roleplay (RPG). Not the kinky kind, the roll strange dice and fight dragons kind. Stupidly geeky and not very girly I know, but been doing it since I was about 13.

Do you do actual Role-play too as in dress up? I have a friend of mine who i've just made another corset for who does - it was a lovely wench style one!

Not any more. :smile: I used to, but not for a long time now. I have a couple of corsets though, the old goth in me still loves them! :laugh:
    I have a massive girl crush on Dita too... :laugh:
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    my hobbies are, firstly i play ice hockey, and its a massive part of my life. Im fortunate enough to work within the sport aswell.
    I like writing, and write articles for a website, and a magazine.
    I'm a massive movie and music buff :-) Play guitar when i get chance, although im not that good at it!
    And finally a passion of mine i my anti bullying campaign that ive ran since the age of 18, working with children who are being bullied, either offering advice via my website, or doing talks and workshops in schools, community groups and youthclubs :-) and i enjoy nights out with the friends at the local pub or out for a night out in the city (sheffield) work hard, play harder!! :happy:
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I wish i had more spare time...

i'm a rubbish triathlete, a too-heavy long distance cyclist, very sweaty hill-walker and wild camper, terrible gardner and, when I have the time, [very] amateur photographer. I dream of one day quitting the 6am -> 7pm job and being able to get slightly better at all of them!

photographys the only one I might make money out of, I've done a couple of weddings and fashion shoots and am building a kinda-average portfolio at www.simpleimages.co.uk (if anyone needs an exhausted wedding photographer, let me know!!!)
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love anything crafty, have done lots of sewing type courses making bags, soft furnishings and dress making, in the winter also like a bit of cross stich in front of the fire. In the summer love tennis and just recently taken up golf, starting to get the bug. I have also signed up for a floristry course in September after I did flower arranging. I always have so many projects on the go I just need more time, or retire soon.
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Photography is my main hobby, i take pics of anything but really enjoy sports photography, esp rugby.

Horse riding is another fave.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    [ roleplay (RPG). Not the kinky kind, the roll strange dice and fight dragons kind. Stupidly geeky and not very girly I know, but been doing it since I was about 13.

I'm also a role player, but not the dress up kind, we call those larpers (live action role players) I run a shop which organises gaming days and evenings, which tends to be my down fall on the diet front! On my gaming night we sit around have a laugh, throw some dice, kill the monsters and eat mounds of sweeties and chocolate!
    The two seem to go together! I tried bringing carrot sticks and humous one week but it didn't go down very well! lol!
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    [ roleplay (RPG). Not the kinky kind, the roll strange dice and fight dragons kind. Stupidly geeky and not very girly I know, but been doing it since I was about 13.

I'm also a role player, but not the dress up kind, we call those larpers (live action role players) I run a shop which organises gaming days and evenings, which tends to be my down fall on the diet front! On my gaming night we sit around have a laugh, throw some dice, kill the monsters and eat mounds of sweeties and chocolate!
    The two seem to go together! I tried bringing carrot sticks and humous one week but it didn't go down very well! lol!

My boyfriend organises a bunch of his friends to come over for tabletop RPGs once a week too (or used to, he just moved away), they ALWAYS involve takeaway, chocolate, and often crisps and a mountain of fizzy drinks too... when I'm over there that day of the week it tends to destroy my diet too!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Interesting :bigsmile:

Up until recently I did Tae Kwon Do (on an enforced break), so have literally been trying out different martial arts classes as a replacement.

That's the active side, on the not so active side, I'm a volunteer with St John Ambulance and trained up to patient transport level, when I have the time I like to knit, play computer games (WoW and Skyrim at the moment) and read (Sci-fi and Fantasy) :bigsmile:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I always find time to read (also science fiction ) it's not so much a hobby as a way of life! lol! I sew too I have just finished a Tudor dress for my 10 year old daughter which took much longer than expected! :-)
  • sabbers1982
    Options
    Just wondering what all you guys like to do to keep yourselves occupied/busy/out of trouble :laugh:

I am in the progress of turning my hobby into a little cash generator - I am a corsetier! for anyone thinking WTH? Its a corset maker, as in the steel boned, suck you in, waist cinching corsets like what burlesque dancers wear, and if you look at my tracker down below, you'll see the rather gorgeous Dita Von Teese, burlesque dancer and corset aficionado! (she can get her waist down to a teeny 18" when fully corseted) :smooched:

Being the crafty sort, i can also draw & sketch, I can knit, sew, cross stitch and a little bit of photography!

I love Dita von teese and corsets even though I don't own one, I was planning on getting one when I lose a bit of weight, even though I know I could wear a corset and suck in my belly lol. I also knit just never really stick to a project long enough. Where do you sell your corsets?
  • curvfifi
    Options
    Wow, what a lot of talented people here! I like walking, camping, and rarely watch TV without some crochet or knitting in hand. My favourite hobby of silversmithing has turned into a small business and what I am doing most evenings after my day job - hammering and soldering in my kitchen. I think I should be prioritising some gym sessions to increase my weight loss!
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    I exercise (I especially love kettlebells and tae bo) and I love to watch horror films,zombie survival films are a favourite! I love spending some time each night to pamper myself,do my nails nice/facials etc.. I'm a body shop at home consultant so I spend a lot of time making flyers and promoting my business,which I love.I also enjoy studying victorian society and literature :blushing:
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    Ooooh i love reading! Cross stitch is another favourite of mine, as you lose yourself in it (plus you can't snack while doing it cause both hands are occupied!)
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I train 3 times a week, splitting my routine in three to cover legs, arms and torso. I also do street dance with a crew, and have been for some time now.

When not doing active stuff, I'm a huge lover of reading. I have a book with me wherever I go, and I'll bury my head in a book for hours on end if I can. :)

Aside from my usual job, I'm also an aspiring author with his first (still can't believe it!) publishing deal secured. The novella is en route and is currently sitting in first draft status. :D
  • sixfootaliw
    Options
    I've always been very keen on crafty hobbies, mostly cross stitch and knitting (currently building up a little stock of baby blankets for a craft fair next year). They are great hobbies for watching tv while not snacking as your hands are kept occupied!

I also love reading, and as somebody already said, my favourite gift ever was my kindle!

Recently I've been trying to find more active things to do. I took up photography when I met my husband and we often go out on nature/landscape shoots which mean a fair bit of walking. I enjoy that but it's usually a slow walk so not the best exercise. So I tried out walking with a local Ramblers group and discovered that I LOVE walking round the countryside! Now I often go out on my own and walk 8 miles or so and I find it a great chance to unwind and think and be myself. Heaven (as long as it's not raining!)

Ali
  • clarechieri
    clarechieri Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love dita she is what I would choose to look like if you could do that lol. I've always wanted a corset but don't think id ever wear it. Plus my partner hates them lol. I'm still a goth at heart though.

As for hobbies having 3 kids keeps me busy but when I do get time free I love motorbikes mainly as I geto wear leather and walking . Oh and playing badminton.
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    well, hobbies wise I have all sort of craft hobbies including Knitting, Crochet, Cross Stitch, Beading, Sewing, Drawing and currently learning lace making and pyrography. Also enjoy reading, camping and watching rugby
  • Bealach_Bug
    Options
    Photography, took it up a couple of years ago when my other half bought me a camera, had a couple of things exhibited, I'm beginning to think the hobby has turned into a bit of a passion
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My hobbie is horse riding, but since buying a house can't really afford it anymore :sad: but in my spare time i enjoy having a nice bubble bath and readin a book :smile:
  • olliethecat
    olliethecat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I make and decorate wedding cakes and ther celebration cakes, luckily I don't have a sweet tooth:laugh: . I'm also an avid reader, my kindle goes everywhere with me