Your next race

Options
mmk137
mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
When and where is it. And why are you doing it?

My next fun run will be in October. It's 'Run Ballarat' 12km long. I'm hoping to do it in under 63mins. Money raised goes to the children's hospital in Ballarat.

After this one, I wont be doing any more (unless something comes up that I like) until next year. As I want to get into training for tough mudder in Jan 2013.

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Actually doing one while on vacation. We go to Cape May everything and there is a Triathlon/5K in Wildwood. Love to run on the beach and would run while on vacation anyway so why not do a race... my husband, who is not a runner at all, is doing it with me. He ran a race with me the other week and kicked my *kitten*... I am hoping for redemption!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My next scheduled event is the Chicago Blackhawks Mad Dash to Madison. It starts and ends at the United Center (where they play). There's a whole training camp festival that day and I'll admit, I do it for the swag bag + the flat, fast course. Swag is usually a pretty cool shirt (last years looked like a jersey), a bobblehead, and admission to the UC to watch the team practice. My whole family is doing it this year. I'll be in the midst of some medical stuff so I can't say I'll be racing, but I'll be participating for sure!
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Next "race" (and I use the term loosely) for me is September 9th in San Diego (Liberty Station). It is the 9/11 Heroes Run (5K) benefitting the Travis Manion Foundation. If you are not familiar with this charity, I encourage you to check out their website at www.travismanion.com.

From the website: "Each year on September 11th the Travis Manion Foundation brings local communities together for a 9/11 Heroes Run to remember, honor and support our men and women in the Armed Services, Police, Firefighter and First Responder communities who protect and serve our country every day."

Their motto is "Honor the fallen by challenging the living" and in Travis Manion's (may he rest in peace) own words "if not me, then who?"

As a military family and someone who works closely with police and fire personnel, I HAVE to run this one. :smile:

If you are interested, there are 9/11 Heroes Run 5Ks all over the nation. Just check out the website.

Happy running everyone!
  • eudaimonia_sf
    eudaimonia_sf Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    good luck with your medical stuff lisapr.

i'm running my first 5k in a couple of years over labor day weekend. my runs have been about 4-5 miles, so in theory 5k should be no sweat, BUT i have been running on a nice springy track with no hills. i'm a little apprehensive about running out in the world. i'm going to start running off the track this weekend.
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My next race is a half marathon in September. It will be my 5th half! Just did a 12.3 mile training run this morning and I have a 13.4 mile run planned for next weekend. After that, taper time! I know most people don't like the taper but I'm actually looking forward to it. After that? Who knows....
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My next race will be my first full marathon Oct. 21st.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My next race is my second half marathon 9/9/2012!
  • smboston
    smboston Posts: 68
    Options
    Running at the Race for the Cure 5K event in Bloomington, IL on September 8. Ran my first 5K in June, then had an injury that sidelined me for the next 2+ months. I just started running again on Sunday and barely made it through 1.5 miles. Today was a bit better. I'm hoping to be able to run the entire 5K by next week.
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Title 9K race in Fremont, CA with a friend in ~2 weeks.