How much water?

Options
ragslittle
ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
So I have a difficult time getting all of my water in....never do...I get somewhere around 40-48 ounces in on a good day. I know the more water we drink the less we retain and it helps flush our systems, and other than a protein shake all I drink is water and I sip all day, but still cant get it all in. What's a girl to do????

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If you figure it out please share it with me! Its a constant struggle for me!
  • brendaswenson
    brendaswenson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too I don't even get that much down a day.
  • khilton12
    Options
    one SF popsicle = 1 ounce of fluid. I am 2 weeks postop and eat these a lot.
  • HoffLE413
    Options
    I am 4 months out from my RNY and I still don't get all my fluids in. I am just now starting to drink between 40-48 ounces a day. It is really a struggle for me but lately I have wanted more an more. My nutritionist said it would be hard at first but it would get easier and easier. Just try to time yourself so that as soon as your time is up from eating and you can drink, you can start drinking your fluids. Good luck!
  • Devi_Diva
    Devi_Diva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am lucky I have never had issue with water. I typically get in 10 cups plus other fluids. Having said that my water bottle is always infront of me. If I forget it one day I fall short on my goal.

Some people find setting a watch timer helpful.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Before the lapband surgery I drank upwards to 80ozs a day. Since surgery 6weeks ago - I feel good if I get on 48. It was so bad after surgery I ended up the ER with dehydration. I hope that it won't always be a struggle once I figure this all out.