What to do with old clothes?

Options
Mskraizy
Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
Okay, so since I've lost quite a bit of weight, well, not even pounds that many pounds, but enough inches to lose many jean sizes. I kinda don't want to just give away or throw my old clothes away. I've been feeling very artsy lately and wanna turn my old jeans into new things. I said shorts but I wouldn't be able to fit them nor do I know how to tailor. I came across a video that showed how to turn jeans into headbands for your hair which was cute but I'm just curious, anybody out here turning their old loose clothing into new inspiring items? If so what? I need some ideas!:bigsmile:

Replies

• karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    quilts, handbags, retailor to something new.. make jeans in to skirts..
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this group, but I really liked your question. I like to figure out things to do with my old clothes too (bit of a crafter as well) and I actually had my mom help me turn some old jeans into an apron. I've also seen people make old button up shirts into aprons.

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/3173294/post145479436/ (not in english, but has pictures of shirt/aprons)

http://assets7.pinimg.com/upload/164451823863929247_T2POR2Kz.jpg (old denim apron)

Just thought these might be fitting for artists. At least if you're as messy as me. :)
  • CarpeDiem48
    Options
    I took several pairs of old jeans apart, saved the pockets and made two artist aprons that could be use by painters pr potters. They are very cute and functional!
    Large t-shirts can be made into tote bags very easily. Cut a deep u at the neck and cut a med u where the sleeves are. It should look like a big tank top. Sew shut across the bottom and you have a cheap bag. I use mine at the farmers market, at the grocery store,for the beach and when I pick apples. Throw in washer when dirty. Do this on your kids t-shirts when they outgrow them and they can have a tote their size with their favorite character on it.