Checking in!!

Options
Fairysoul
Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
How's everyone doing? Day 1 and I am doing good with choices especially at the store but.... I feel icky! Expected though. How about you? Where are you at on the whole 30 and how are you feeling?

Replies

• scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three...

I've been doing fine until the past hour or so. All of the sudden, I want something sweet so badly! I have some watermelon in the fridge, but I am not going to have it. I need to get past this without giving in to anything sweet - even if it is Whole30 approved!

If I am past the craving tomorrow morning, I will have some watermelon with breakfast and see if that triggers any cravings.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Day 8 here. I'm rocking it:) I'm having tummy issues though this afternoon. Not sure if it's whole30 related or if I got a bit of a bug...
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Day 8 and I shall be tested tonight!!! Dinner out with my aunt and her spouse.....usually involves wine =$
    Going to order a CLUB SODA with limes right away to avoid that temptation. Then just order my food accordingly!!
  • AMdreams7
    Options
    Finishing up day 6 for me. I've been feeling awesome! I keep waiting to feel crappy, but it's not happening. My mood is better, my energy levels are more stable, and I swear my skin is smoother and clearer. I feel like my body really needed this change.

Let's keep going!!! :happy:
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Today was day 11 for me and its been great! I have no hunger at all so remembering to eat and eating enough is tough...I've never had that problem in my life lol! I've been kinda cranky at work and I can't tell if its work or whole30 related...I think its work related though haha
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    I woke up late last night with a rumbling tummy... I didn't eat enough but I am learning the cues from my body... But all in all I didn't feel so groggy this morning, day 2 here I come!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    On day 9 and dinner went swimmingly!!
    Stuck to the plan and skipped wine and dessert. Was craving something sweet really badly when I got home so I pan fried a peach with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg....IT was wonderful and took care of the 'need to have dessert'.
    As this is my 2nd Whole 30 challenge I'm feeling pretty good about it and havent gone through all the stages of grief, LOL....but I recall them from last month. Need to finish reading the book to get prepared for what comes after, mind you I could do this for a very long time I think =)
    Hope you all have a great day!!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Yesterday was weird. I woke up earlier, ate a good breakfast, had loads of energy for my workout and then it kinda went down hill from there. Tummy ache, cravings for things I don't even want, moody, tired. Gah.

I feel much better today. About ready to get my workout in!
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Day 11, and doing great! I haven't had the carb flu as I had already cut all of that out (with some slip ups on weekends) so I'm very thankful for that. I feel good, My stomach hasn't hurt at all, usually I get a bit of an ache after meals, I don't know what I'm sensitive to though.

I haven't weighed myself but I'm in a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear in months and they are slightly too big now, oh and yesterday I wore a blouse that was tight around my arms, well not anymore and not even a little tight!!! I was so tempted to weigh myself this morning!

Anyways, I'm so happy I committed to this, it's been great!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Tsavisky....I SO want to weigh in too! I'm gonna make myself wait though:)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10, but i'm not doing a "whole 30" as I require a permanent commitment. lol

The only negative side effect for me from eating healthy is increased energy. It's not really negative but I get really hyper and am not used to that. Used to being sick, sluggish and tired. :wink:
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Beckkotsh: 19 more days, we can do it! haha
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    Hit a wall this afternoon...Cant even pay enough attention to watch TV......
    A bit moody today, pouty frustrated bored, dont think it's my Whole 30......I'm gonna cook something...and make Chimichurri sauce!! that will make me happier!!
    http://kaitsprimalkitchen.blogspot.ca/#!/2012/01/chimichurri-love-story.html
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Beckkotsh: 19 more days, we can do it! haha

Haha...yes!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey Gang! I've made it to Day 10! The only thing I'm finding hard right now is that nothing appeals to me from a food perspective. I'm hungry so I eat something but it just seems blah. Guess I'm going to need to do some scrounging through some recipes to see if I can find something to excite me.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind most of the group... I am on day 5.

I am surprised that I have not missed my dairy at all - I thought that would be really hard because I put cheese on everything and I love yogurt. I think if I still feel the same after 30 days, I am going to seriously limit my dairy in the future.

Sugar craving haven't been as bad as I expected... I didn't have any cravings the first couple of days. The past couple of days, they have surfaced, but have not been all that bad. It seems to be more of a mental battle.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    I don't miss dairy either! It's weird since I am (was I guess) a major cheese lover. Now it's like....meh. Lol
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    I agree, dairy isn't really anything I miss, especially because I have gone vegan before.... I feel so much better today (day 3) and thinking I can handle it, but still the no potato or fresh corn throws me for a loop! I feel like as time goes I will be good, I also feel lighter, does anyone else feel this way?
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Wow you are braver than I could ever be! I was vegetarian for 8yrs and just ended up fatter (quesadillas are vegetarian so they have to be healthy right? LOL)... I could never have gone vegan. Dated one though

I totally have the light feeling too. I have corn in my freezer for hubs that stares at me, but I always think about how crappy I feel when I eat it and I quickly get over the urge. I do love potatoes though, so not having them is sad. Don't forget you can have sweet potatoes. Not quite the same, but I've made sweet potato hash for breakfast the times when I reaaaally wanted potatoes o'brien and it was completely satisfying