Help Advice for first day!

Options
Sweetpea64
Sweetpea64 Posts: 21 Member
Ok I have the food and the will......Starting full force tomorrow morning. Any advice would be helpful!
I am kind of nervous about if I can do this. I hear the first 3-4 days are the toughest.

Replies

• goldendoodle1
    goldendoodle1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hope you are doing okay! Yes, the first few days can be kind of rough. Drink your water and something salty like chicken broth or a dill pickle (both approved snacks) can really help- esp if you feel lightheaded. I started on a Friday and by Monday I was ok and by Tuesday I was great! And some people feel fine the whole time.
    I lost 115 lbs in 11 months, so I'm a big fan of medifast!
    Friend me if you'd like to.
  • littleredjd
    Options
    Track everything you put in your mouth on myfitnesspal. It really helps you see where you are having trouble instead of trying to rely on memory. If you need help or have specific questions, feel free to friend me or send me a direct message. I've been doing it since April and have lost 35 pounds. It is so easy and I feel like I eat all the time with the 5&1 plan, so I don't really feel like I am on a diet at all!!
  • lapark16
    Options
    I am on week 3. . . you can do it! I had headaches for a couple of days, but that passed. I am not hungry on this if you space the meals 2-3 hours apart. Drink your water. . . Good Luck. . .
  • andreardr
    andreardr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You have nothing to fear but fear itself! I was fearing that first few days, too, and I'll admit that I got minor little headaches and felt a little grumpy day 1-2. On Day 3, I woke up with energy and surprise surprise, wasn't hungry. The best part for me is the energy -- I'm down about 29 pounds in six weeks and it's just terrific not feeling so run down all the time. Good luck!
  • peachesarrington
    Options
    Days 2 & 3 can bring about headaches, dizziness, light-headedness and hunger. By day 4, all these things will disappear and you will most likely get some energy you never knew you had in you! You will feel great! For days 2 & 3 here are some tips:
    1) Headache/dizziness/light-headedness: Excedrim Migraine works WONDERFUL for these headaches for some reason - only thing that I have found that does for my clients. Hot shower beating down on the scalp and next is also beneficial. Powerade Zero and/or bouillon is great for the dizziness and light-headedness as well. Most of these symptoms are caused by an electrolyte imbalance and this will correct that for you. (You have been used to eating lots of sugars/carbs, etc - so think of it like going through "withdrawal").
    2) Hunger: If you can think of the hunger as your body telling you, "Hey, if you don't start eating, I am going to have to break down fat to get the fuel I need," it will help. That is EXACTLY what is happening! Your body is getting prepared to go into fat-burning mode and as it probably hasn't had to do that in awhile, it is giving you fair warning to either go back to your old "habits" or it will start breaking down the stored fat. Which is of course, exactly what we want, right? I tell my clients to "LOVE" this hunger feeling. It does get much better by day 4, so hang in there!

Also, be sure to stay in touch with your coach - he/she can really help you understand what is happening and how to "tough" through it. :)

Peaches Arrington
    Health Coach / RN