Introduce yourself

Options
Hello I'm Amber. I work with some of the ladies that are here in the group. We are dispatchers and work some crazy rotating shifts. I have three kids and I'm marrying my Rock in a little over a month. Looking to get back into shape and find some motivation.
Any tips or hints anyone?

Replies

• jkc041709
    jkc041709 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group and inviting me. I am looking for some major butt kicking when I get off track lol!

I'm Jessica and I'm a full time working mom to William, 2 and Jillian, 7.5 months. My husband and I both need to lose weight and having the kids is really pushing the issue to the front burner. Looking forward to getting to know you all!!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone... Thanks for the invite.

My name is Susan and I have been on MFP for a little over a year. When I started last March I was highly motivated and ready to make a change. I joined challenges, made friends and lost over 40 pounds. Then the holidays approached and I thought, its ok not to log today. Or I will just exercise tomorrow. Worst thing I could have done. I was 5 pounds away from goal when I started back sliding and before I knew it, I had put back on nearly 20 pounds!!:explode:

Now I am trying to get back on track. I just started Insanity (for the 4th time)! I know joining challenges and keeping up with MFP friends is what really kept me motivated before and lead to a lot of my success. And drinking lots and lots of water:laugh:
  • carolina_brandy
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Brandy and I am 34 years old from NC. I have a lot of weight to loose and am so glad I found this site. I dont have any kids but have 4 dogs and for now, that is plenty! LOL I can relate to the crazy shifts and such..... My husband is a police officer and he rotates shifts and I work 11am to 8pm full time and own a bar (complete with every fried food on the planet!) so am there all hours on the weekends. Its really hard to stay motivated when you are so busy! Thanks for the invite to this group. I really want to stay on track and stay motivated! Good luck everyone!
  • leyte26
    leyte26 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hi my name is stacy. i just joined mfp 2 weeks ago in attempt to get back on track!i also I know about crazy schedules My husband works away for a month at a time. I have a very artistic 14 year old step daughter and through many trails and tribulations are trying to add to our family. i can always use some support, motivation and a good butt kicking. so glad to be apart of this group!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Lara. I work in dispatch. I love the men and women I work with, but some days can get pretty hectic. I'm 24 and had been active most of my life until my Junior year of high school. I quit soccer and it was downhill from there. I'm looking to lose about 55 more lbs and keep it off. MFP has been awesome so far. Feel free to add me if you would like! I keep my diary open and am willing to give encouragement as needed!!
  • zumbatastic
    Options
    Glad to meet you all and I am happy to have you here to encourage and support as well as to pick your brain for ideas and help!!!
  • lovemysoldier2010
    Options
    I'm Ronda, I'm a mom to 4 kids with 3 being teenagers. I recently retired from corrections and am currently a college student. Also a newlywed to my soldier. I had lost 100 pounds 5 years ago and maintained the loss until having spinal surgery in Sept. 2011, after that surgery I spent 6 months using a walker and 7 months in a upper body brace. I am working on rebuilding muscle and strength.