Replies

• alicialwest
    alicialwest Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ya know.... I'm not sure if I'll make ten pounds. BUT... I am working hard, pushing myself and drinking more water than ever..... so I'm still VERY motivated to lose it.... but I will come out ahead either way!

Keep on keepin' on!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    We can do this... Yes we can... Thanks Monique:flowerforyou:
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ya know.... I'm not sure if I'll make ten pounds. BUT... I am working hard, pushing myself and drinking more water than ever..... so I'm still VERY motivated to lose it.... but I will come out ahead either way!

Keep on keepin' on!

I'm with you on that one - but i'm staying motivated and working hard - i'll take each pound as it comes and who knows - still 3 weeks to go!!!
  • fedmond70
    fedmond70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First week was not a good week, but plan to make this week better :)
  • dick01
    dick01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    still working very hard. uping my calorie intake may be that will trigger. I am not giving up this challenge. bless you all
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 1.2 lbs for my first week of this challenge. However to meet the 10# challenge, need to average 2 lbs a week.

I am finally back down to my weight prior to my weekend get-away (and anniversary celebration) the last weekend of July!! Now to go forward. Next mini goal is to get to the 20# loser bracket!! Just 3.2 lbs to go!!

Lets see...the only obstacle I have this week is Sunday. We have our yearly fundraiser at work, a car show and PANCAKE & SAUSAGE BREAKFAST!! I can handle ignoring the pancakes...but HOMEMADE GARLIC BREAKFAST SAUSAGE!! :love:

All joking aside, I know can do this! I believe in myself enough to handle my challenge for this week! Hope everybody has a happy Wednesday! :wink:
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to keep the momentum going! Down 5lbs! Hoping the other 5 come off just as quickly. I'm camping this weekend and I'm a little afraid of putting some weight back on but I'm going to try to stay mindful and hopefully it wont be to bad.
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    W1W: 182.2 (August 1st)
    W2W: 180.2 (August 8th)

Down 2lbs. TOM is on its way:sad:
  • Jurkadzl
    Jurkadzl Posts: 14
    Options
    If anything I am thinking of upping my calorie goal from 1800 to 2000 or even 2200, just to slow the weight loss down a little and prevent any kind of yo-yo effect. I'll be mindful this week if I feel the need to up it and I won't beat myself up.

I had a lot of stress at work last week and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew... hmm Freudian slip..

I'm pretty sure I'll lose the 10 pounds even if I up the calorie intake.
  • sapphireblu64
    Options

Keep on keepin' on!

I agree I'm working harder as well and even if i don't lose the 10 lbs there will be some results. Can't wait for the next months challenge.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling the past 5 days to exercise. I am doing some stuff but it feels like not enough.

My *sprained ankle is starting to feel like it is really recovering.
    However, It is difficult to get the cardio in as I can’t put full weight bearing onto it.

Some of the exercises I did today pushed my ankle more, and any past attempts like this resulted in
    a setback. Hopefully, my recovery is past this initial point. I will know soon enough.

I use a recumbent bike 2x week at Physical Therapy and I am now doing 25 minutes at the end of my 90 minute sessions.

At home I try to mix up the exercises, do alot of reps, and take no rest to get something going for my heart.

I know have to have patience but I am very bored with the limitations.

Any tips out there?
  • MrsSky11
    MrsSky11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just always get so frustrated figuring out what works for me! Rarely do I go above 1300 calories a day. I adjusted the Carbs/Protein/Fat balance to get some more protein intake and less fat...but when you're only eating 1300 calories it feels IMPOSSIBLE to even reach those :noway: Then, when I do go out on the weekend and indulge for even 1 night, I gain a pound.

Weight training/circuit training is really something I don't do...it's mostly walking and dancing, so I just started the Biggest Loser Kinect game this week. SO hoping it works!! I gain all of my weight in my core (stomach, love handles, boobs, and the "back fat" that comes along with large breasts) and I'm ready for it to GO AWAY. I realize I need to be patient and keep working hard...but well, it's hard! I've been trying to lose these last 10lbs for nearly the last year. :ohwell:

I HAVE to do this. I will not have another summer of feeling self conscious in my bikini around my uber skinny friends. Here's to at least losing a FEW pounds the remainder of this month!
  • moonowl23
    moonowl23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    23/7-209.5
    3/8-204
    10/8-203.5

Loss for challenge-6.0lbs

Only half a pound but after the big numbers last week, am lucky to have lost anything at all!
  • BeautyIsABeast
    Options
    Hey guys I weighed in the first week for my initial weight and was at 163... But didn't log in my first week weight because sadly I had lost nothing:(. I was happy I didn't gain either however. I'm really scared that the 5 lbs I lost my first two weeks was all water weight:(. I really work hard. I'm still working hard for 10 lbs. I think I need to cut back on my carbs to maintain my goal...and to burn up more fat period. And I definately need my HRM so I can make sure I'm calculating properly. Do I see a difference? Well, I don't trust my eyes. I think I'm seeing a difference in my body but the mind is one powerful tool. No telling what's really going on. I will weigh myself again tomorrow and also take measurements this upcoming Thursday. Hope for the best:-/
  • MrsSky11
    MrsSky11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I weighed in the first week for my initial weight and was at 163... But didn't log in my first week weight because sadly I had lost nothing:(. I was happy I didn't gain either however. I'm really scared that the 5 lbs I lost my first two weeks was all water weight:(. I really work hard. I'm still working hard for 10 lbs. I think I need to cut back on my carbs to maintain my goal...and to burn up more fat period. And I definately need my HRM so I can make sure I'm calculating properly. Do I see a difference? Well, I don't trust my eyes. I think I'm seeing a difference in my body but the mind is one powerful tool. No telling what's really going on. I will weigh myself again tomorrow and also take measurements this upcoming Thursday. Hope for the best:-/

I couldn't agree more! I always look different in the mirror depending on how I feel that day. For example, I worked out pretty hard yesterday...so today I'm a little sore - which in turn makes me feel better and makes the woman in the mirror LOOK better. I'm trying to do the same thing..less carbs, more work! We can get the 10 lbs :) And if not the 10lbs, I think it will definitely (eventually) show in the measurements. Good luck!
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Week#2: Not good. I am drinking more water, which is to why it appears I am gaining more weight. I am trying a variety of exercises to confuse my body and to get this weight off quickly!
  • Jurkadzl
    Jurkadzl Posts: 14
    Options
    hoopsgal,

Think outside the box. perhaps use the ankle recovery as an opportunity to try some new things. And be easy on yourself.
  • MABfit01
    MABfit01 Posts: 25
    Options
    Well I met my first week objective: exercise and diet. I've detoxed and now I start the real challenge. henever I sit down I try to drink a glass of water -- need to increase my intake. Good Luck everyone,,,stay inspired.
    Margaret
  • tchnlrn
    tchnlrn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well I'm probably not going to make that 10 lb mark either at this rate! I am down 1 lb this week. :frown: The only thing I can assume is that my exercise is much lower this week than it has been over the summer as I am now back at work. (I am a principal.) So this week my goal will be to kick up the exercise and see if I can't move the scale. On the NSV side though, I am back in some clothes I've not worn in over a year...