How to GF carb load for my 1/2 marathon next Saturday

Options
Anyone a runner?? I am wondering how to carb load my food intake next week for my 1/2 marathon next Saturday. Does anyone have any great suggestions...

Thanks in advance

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I'm grain free, so no rice or pasta for me. I eat plenty of carbs by way of potatoes, quinoa, beans, pancakes/muffins, bananas, and buckwheat. My diary is open, just be aware that I have only been journalling in the notes section since the end of June, so keep scrolling down if you don't see any entries.

My long runs are Saturdays, generally doing around 21 km each Saturday right now.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Risotto and spaghetti sauce. Pizza no cheese with veggies. Rice or corn pasta. Drink some Gatorade the day before as well. It's such a miss conception about carb loading. Morning of I do glutenfreeda oatmeal mixed with peanut butter and a banana.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    potatoes
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, bananas - I'd suggest spreading it out over a couple days to avoid any stomach upset doing it all at once the night before, if you don't normally eat a lot of carbs (I don't know what your typical carb intake is).
  • Thank you so much for all of your input. That was my first time posting a question and I didn't know where to look for responses. I figured it out tonight though.

I appreciate all of the suggestions and comments from you. And in some of my research I found the same items as youve mentioned here in your posts.

This is so nice to have input from others. It makes me feel like I'm not alone going through things.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted on how it goes! :)
  • My 6 days of Carb loading has gone really well. I feel great and have found new ways to get enough calories in my diet now with some creative ways of adding carbs.

I am so excited to run the half marathon tomorrow morning. I feel ready and well prepared.

ALL PRAYERS WOULD BE WELCOME. The race begins at 8:00 a.m.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    All best wishes to you!!!
  • Thank you so much all of you. The race went well. I was happy to finish but certainly was wiped so, I don't know if I could have done something different to help prevent that. But, my goal was 2:20:00 and I came in at 2:15:00.

Thanks again for all your comments.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Wooo-hooo. Congratulations!!
  • Thank you very much :)
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your race!
  • Thank you :)
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much all of you. The race went well. I was happy to finish but certainly was wiped so, I don't know if I could have done something different to help prevent that. But, my goal was 2:20:00 and I came in at 2:15:00.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Amazing! Congrats :smile: