50 days

Options
Leigh14
Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
Hello all!

I've been struggling quite a bit. After reviewing the past 50 days in my food diary and exercise diary and seeing WAY more inconsistency than I'd like ... I've decided I'm going to do two things: be super consistent with both of these and stop stepping on the scale every day. In fact, I'm going to commit to hitting my calorie goal (and macros - as close as possible!!), my exercise goal and not stepping on the scale for 50 DAYS. I am, however, going to have my boyfriend take photos of me every weekend to see my progress. I'm going to talk to him tonight and see if I can get him on board with EM2WL, too.

Just wondering if anyone wants to join me? I'm starting on Monday with my last weigh-in to be this Saturday a.m. I'd really like to post my updates here either way, so be prepared to see a (hopefully) daily blog from me on here. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• thewang
    thewang Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am medically cleared to start exercising again starting Monday!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Yay!! Perfect timing, eh? :wink:

What are your stats, goals, plan, etc?

Me:
    28 years old
    5'5"
    Desk job
    SW (several years ago): 280
    SW for EM2WL: 213
    CW (did a reset): 236
    Shirt size: L/XL
    Pants size: 16
    Goals: ~160 lbs., S/M shirts, single-digit pants size, haha :laugh:
  • thewang
    Options
    Me:
    27 years old
    5'3"
    Desk job
    SW for EM2WL: 246
    CW (did a reset): 244
    Shirt size: XL
    Pants size: 18
    Goals: I have a lot of them. My first goal right now is to get to 220, then 199 etc... eventually down to 150-160
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I would also love to be involved in this :)

26 years old
    5'5
    Desk job (but I walk to and from work ~ 40 minutes at a brisk pace)
    SW 194
    SW (EM2WL) 178
    CW ~ 188 (I actually don't really weigh)
    Dress size 14/16 (UK size)
    Goals: wake up each workday morning at 6am to get my workout in, swim once or twice a week and get my macros in! And LOG EVERYDAY!!!!

General long term goals are to be a size 10 UK, at whatever weight that occurs at (I always assumed 140lbs, but might actually be quite a lot more than that)

Looking forward to it!! (not really looking forward to getting up at 6am on Monday) x
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Yay!! Glad to have some people on the 50-day journey with me!! :) I weighed in Saturday morning at 234 - that'll be my starting weight. My boyfriend will be taking pictures this week and every weekend from here on through our 50 days. We have a beach trip coming up in September, so that should be interesting!!

This week I've got my meals all planned out and cooked. Breakfast is coffee, water, 3 eggs, yogurt and puffed brown rice cereal (415 calories total); 1st snack is yogurt, protein powder, brown rice cereal (270 calories total); Lunch is an arugula-ricotta omelet, oatmeal and yogurt (388 calories total); 2nd snack is yogurt, protein powder, brown rice cereal (270 calories total); 3rd snack is almonds and string cheese (260 calories total); dinner is Asian Sesame Bulgur and Chicken, yogurt and brown rice cereal (603 calories total). I'll be going over my 2150 calories by 35 (total of 2185), 7 grams under carbs, 10 grams under protein, 20 over fat, 9 under fiber and 38 under sodium.

I eat a lot of yogurt and brown rice cereal. I love the cereal (Natural Nutrition Puffed Brown Rice, $1/bag, Walmart) because it's 70 calories for one cup, 14 carbs and the only ingredient is brown rice! I love the yogurt (Carb Master, 10/$4, Kroger) because it's 60 calories, has 8 grams of protein and is super yummy. I actually mix them together.

I'm starting my workout plan tomorrow. I will be doing a full-body strength training routine 3 times per week, with one of those times being in a circuit. Twice a week, after my lifting, I'll be doing 20 minutes of HIIT. This Wednesday I'll be out of town, so I'll be doing my 20 minutes HIIT Wednesday evening and eliminating it either Tuesday or Thursday.

I just canNOT wait for my clothes to start fitting better!!

Good luck to you ladies!! :) Can't wait to hear your updates!!
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm new to EM2WL, but I'm up for your 50 day challenge! The scale and I are NOT friends right now, so I'm ready to ditch it! I'm at work, but I'll be back with my stats. :)
  • Leigh14
    Options
    I'm new to EM2WL, but I'm up for your 50 day challenge! The scale and I are NOT friends right now, so I'm ready to ditch it! I'm at work, but I'll be back with my stats. :)

Great!! Welcome! :)
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Hello! Well I had a really good day 1 - I hope you all did too! I have started a blog about my journey as I like to be able to get everything down even if it's not particularly good reading so please feel free to check up on me on there, although I will be hanging around here too :)

I got my DDP Yoga workout in this morning, and a swim this evening, plus I have eaten everything I planned (I actualy forgot to eat my apple, and may substitute it for 2 oreos in a minute... hehe... I am a firm believer in no restrictions)

With the 2 oreos I have ended up at:

2146 cals (Goal 2150)
    42% carbs (Goal 40%)
    30% protein (Goal 30%)
    28% fat (Goal 30%)

So I would say fairly nailed today!!!

Hope all your Monday's have been great - I will check in again tomorrow :)
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Hello! Well I had a really good day 1 - I hope you all did too! I have started a blog about my journey as I like to be able to get everything down even if it's not particularly good reading so please feel free to check up on me on there, although I will be hanging around here too :)

I got my DDP Yoga workout in this morning, and a swim this evening, plus I have eaten everything I planned (I actualy forgot to eat my apple, and may substitute it for 2 oreos in a minute... hehe... I am a firm believer in no restrictions)

With the 2 oreos I have ended up at:

2146 cals (Goal 2150)
    42% carbs (Goal 40%)
    30% protein (Goal 30%)
    28% fat (Goal 30%)

So I would say fairly nailed today!!!

Hope all your Monday's have been great - I will check in again tomorrow :)

Oreos ... mmm!! :laugh: Great job on the first day! I'll definitely be checking out your blog. Sent you a friend request.

We have the same calorie goal! :drinker:
  • thewang
    Options
    Think my day is going pretty well too except I need to drink more water (as usual!)
    Budget is pretty tight this week so hitting my macros might be kinda hard. Get to start working out today finally after recovering from a concussion. I didn't weigh myself this weekend like I planned to or measure...was just too busy so going to allow myself to be surprised with results this weekend... at least I hope it will be a good surprise!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Think my day is going pretty well too except I need to drink more water (as usual!)
    Budget is pretty tight this week so hitting my macros might be kinda hard. Get to start working out today finally after recovering from a concussion. I didn't weigh myself this weekend like I planned to or measure...was just too busy so going to allow myself to be surprised with results this weekend... at least I hope it will be a good surprise!

I understand the tight budget deal! The last few weeks I was stuck going out of town for several work-related and non-work-related trips, so my budget was tight and I lived on whatever was in my pantry and fridge, lol. Macros were pretty much out the window.

Good luck this weekend!! Hope your workout went well, too. :flowerforyou:
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I'll be following and rooting for you all.

I'd join you but the next 2 weeks for me are nuts entertaining family and friends at my house night and day...whew. I will be thrilled to get my protein in! And that's my goal. Walk as much as I can and track my protein, veggies and fruit.

Great job! keep it going!!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    This is awesome. I'll be following and rooting for you all.

I'd join you but the next 2 weeks for me are nuts entertaining family and friends at my house night and day...whew. I will be thrilled to get my protein in! And that's my goal. Walk as much as I can and track my protein, veggies and fruit.

Great job! keep it going!!

Aww, thanks!!

I hear ya on the crazy weeks!! I am just coming off of two crazy weeks myself ... which is kinda what spawned this idea, haha. Life can be hectic sometimes, but we get through it! :smile:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Well, today has been okay so far. I had a meeting run long this a.m. and had to skip my first snack. I was super hungry by lunch and ended up eating that snack + my snack for later, LOL.

It's almost 2 p.m. and I'm SOOOOO ready to go workout. Problem is ... I'm stuck at work! :grumble: I'm attempting to get a CD/DVD duplicator to work that is having multiple issues ... right now we're just sitting here staring at each other and hoping for the best!

I'll be doing a full-body strength training routine this afternoon. It'll take about an hour. Then I'm doing 20 minutes of HIIT training on whichever machine is open. Here's to having enough energy after work!! :drinker:

Hope everyone else is having a good day!!
  • thewang
    Options
    Good day here so far! My dad fixed my car this morning while I was at work so I don't have to wait until this weekend! he also saved me $100 for the part itself plus labor. LOVE HIM!!!

I'm sore from working out yesterday! 2 weeks off sure did a number on my stamina! Going for just a simple walk tonight. I live at the end of a 1/2 mile driveway so I figure I'll walk it once or twice and try to jog up the hills

:bigsmile:
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Yey you two seem to be having pretty good days!! I hope you managed to get your workout in Leigh - it's the worst when work messes with your plans!

I had an ok day today - I am pretty sore which has affected me, but I pushed through and got my DDP workout, ate pretty well too - a little over on cals, and not quite on my macros but still pretty good. It's all a work in progress I guess :)

Have a wonderful rest of your day, I'll be back tomorrow to check in!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    thewang - nothin' like having a Mr. Fix-It in the family! Congrats on saving the money on your car. :smile: Glad you had a good day!!

Stephie - Yay for pushing through and eating well!!

Hope you both have a wonderful day today, too. :flowerforyou:

I *did* get my workout in last night ... and boy, what a workout it was!! I was worried I'd lost some strength with not working out the past few weeks. Fortunately, I hadn't! Unfortunately, there were tons of guys hogging the squat racks, so I had to use the hack squat machine instead. Jerks. :wink: Hoping to find a spot on Thursday to be able to deadlift.

I got through my hour-long strength training routine last night, really didn't think I'd have energy for the 20-min. HIIT ... but I SO did and it felt great!! I ended up with a burn of around 1100. :noway: I'd only estimated about 700. I ended up having 400 calories to eat just to net my BMR. If I keep this up every week, I am absolutely bumping my activity level (and calories!) up to moderate. I'm at light right now and not sure if this is accurate.

I was taking the night off from working out and doing my routine again tomorrow, but my boyfriend wants me to go to the gym with him tonight. It takes him a while to get motivated to get back in, but when he does ... he drops weight and gains muscle like nothing I've ever seen. Boys ... :grumble: :laugh: So, I'm planning on just doing 30 minutes of cardio. Don't think I can lift anything more than my pen today at work!

Here's to a great day, good (healthy) food and an even better tomorrow! :drinker:
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Hello there lovely ladies!

I had a rest day from working out today so just had my 40 minute walk to and from work and I can say that it really helped my poor sore thigh muscles!!

Calorie wise I've done well today - 2159 :) although my macros are pretty off, but that is my secondary concern after hitting my calories!!

Leigh that was an INCREDIBLE burn - I can't get through workouts that are that long (although some of the DDP workouts do end up at over an hour so I guess I'll have to work up to it!) and good on you for getting your boyfriend involved too! I'm still trying to convince hubby to do DDP with me (he loves DDP so I thought this would be easy!)

Anyways I have got a MOUNTAIN of ironing too do... And Lost on Netflix... So that's my evening sorted! Haha!

Have wonderful days :flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Stephie - how are your muscles today? I was right there with you on soreness yesterday!! I have a feeling it'll be back tomorrow, too. Ouch! But, it's a good ouch! Good luck getting your hubby on board with you. My boyfriend is slowly - but surely - getting there. He's trying to cut out Mt. Dew right now, haha. When we first got together last year, he dropped 30+ pounds with just cutting out Mt. Dew, eating more salads and going to the gym a couple times a week! Then, he got a new job, started the Dew habit again, stopped going to the gym and he's back to the weight he was last year!

Well, I got my 30-minute cardio session in last night with the boyfriend, then I did my full-body strength training routine (again) tonight. I am so fatigued! My muscles are mad at me, and halfway through my routine I just wanted to quit. I was advised by the EM2WL Twitter person (Kiki? Lucia?) to do 3, full-body strength training days ... but I'm definitely not used to this. Before my 2-week break, I was doing one day upper body, one day lower body, one day circuit. I'm keeping the circuit, but not sure about keeping the same full-body routine twice per week. I'll try it again next week and see what happens. Maybe I should do two, different full-body routines? Just to mix it up? I dunno - we'll see!

I think if I keep this up I'll definitely have to up my calories to a moderate level. I was h-u-n-g-r-y this afternoon and ravenous this morning when I woke up!

In other news, my pants were tighter this morning than they have been. :grumble: Not really sure why, but I'm pushing forward!
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been around to check in.

And I wotnt be for a while... (see my recent status)

Good luck all and I will hopefully be back in a week or two once things have settled down x