Need Motivation

Options
mamawjoyce
mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
I weighed today,still the same 239, I am bumbed out alittle, its been a week, I felt like i was losing, I felt looser, I was pumped all week ,but, now my spunk is waning! HELP

Replies

• morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Don't let the scale get you down, especially if you feel like your clothes are looser. Probably it's that you're building muscle and still getting leaner. That's why I try to go as long as possible between weigh-ins, my goal is to wait a month but I usually don't quite make it that long. I've gone 3 weeks with no real change. Just don't give up; you can do it and that wretched scale will move!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up! :smile:

I know I don't lose every week. When I hit a rough plateau, I just switch something up or try harder at something I have been slacking at. Sometimes, just trying to get extra protein in then normal seems to knock my body right back into losing mode.
  • deefield1968
    deefield1968 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    since it's my first week (less than, actually), I expected a loss. My day is coming when I'll be here with my whine (got any cheese!) when the scales don't move. OK, bad analogy. LOL

Hang in there! It will happen. LOG EVERYTHING. Of all the times I've lost/gained/lost/gained, the log tells the greatest story, and will give you some insight, and if nothing else, a menu plan for a week you've done really well that you can do again.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Just stick committed to an easily obtainable daily deficit, say around 500kcal...much easier to do this long term, several months. Patience! It's a marathon, not a sprint
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am good today so far, will do this! I just know its harder to lose the older u get. U almost have to starve!