Feel like giving up

Options
This is one of those days I feel like just giving up and eating anything I can find.
Does anyone else ever feel this way, and if so, how do you deal with it?

Replies

• hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!! I feel like this a lot. :smile: I usually find something else to do. I eat from stress, anxiety and boredom. Just think will eating make you less anxious? Take away the stress? Amuse you you? (maybe on this one) Why can I say this to you when I need to tell myself!:bigsmile:
  • rspen1005
    Options
    thank you for helping me to smile for a couple of minutes. There is a lot going on for me today, and you have helped me more than I have words for. Sometimes it is easier to tell others what we need to hear, at least for me.
  • OKSage
    OKSage Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel like that alot. Sometimes I give in to it and eat.....then feel guilty later! I really need to find something else to turn to besides the food. So hang in there rspen! Hope your day gets better. :)
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awww, don't give up. We all have days like that and we all struggle to find ways to feed our soul when we're stressed instead of mindlessly* feeding our bodies. Do you journal? Sometimes that helps me work through it. I"ve even just made lists like "I'm not going to sabotage myself because:..." Exercise also helps me refocus. I know you're down in TX where it's surface-of-the-sun hot so walking outside probably isn't an option, do you have access to a gym or treadmill so you can take a walk? Or even walk around at work/home a little to try and shake the feeling? If you're at work, pick out a co-worker and create an outrageous story in your head about their secret home-life. Sing a Barry Manilow song...ok, maybe that only helps me. Seriously though, who doesn't feel better after singing Copa Cabana?? And can you sing it and not dance? I think not. :wink:

I hope your day gets better -- hang in there!

*For the record, I use the term "mindlessly" because that is what it is for me. I have sat down with a box of cocoa puffs thinking one handful will make me feel better and the next thing I knew the box was empty, my mouth was raw, my stomach ached and I felt worse emotionally than I had before.
  • rspen1005
    Options
    Actually I love the hot weather. I just do not like walking outside by myself, and the pavement is too hot for my dog to go with me when I get home. But, I do have a treadmill..... I just need to get on it....
    I like your suggestions, I think I will try some of them. Only I probably will wait until I am by myself to sing !!! Thanks so much for the encouragement !
  • OKSage
    OKSage Posts: 12
    Options
    What helps me to walk on my treadmill is a soap opera. I record it every day and then watch it when I walk. The story line keeps me interested and the walk does not seem as boring.

Good ideas Queenie! Copa Cabana? LOL Now I have that song in my head. :)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This is one of those days I feel like just giving up and eating anything I can find.
    Does anyone else ever feel this way, and if so, how do you deal with it?

Hey dont feel bad. We all eat out of boredom. Go for a walk or soemthing. Do spomething outside in the park or anything away from those foods that can make you feel bad afterwards. Stay strong and Dont ever give up at anything you do!
  • Leahh999
    Leahh999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For me, what I do is once I identify boredom or stress and I know I'm ready to give up I force myself to get on my treadmill. Now here is the important part ;) I do walk/jog intervals until the only thing I can think about is trying to breathe and once I start to feel a little nauseated I'm done (this usually only takes 35min lol). The last thing I want after gasping for air and trying not to puke is to eat!!! And it helps with my stress levels too. The hardest part is talking myself on to the treadmill everything after that is gravy!!! Good luck with whatever you choose, just don't give up!!!
  • marla1957
    marla1957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!. I have to say this to you because it is good advice. Now say it back to me. I always feel like giving up. But then I pass the mirror. I can't give up and neither can you. Don't set goals too high or deprive yourself. Ahealthy weight loss is 2.1 lbs every two weeks. start small. Smile now :)