DDP Yoga?

Options
shelbiejo
shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
Ok I have just started doing a beginners Yoga to see how I like it and.....I LOVE IT! It has been a month since I started. I am want to keep doing it and advance in it. My opinion is anyone can lift weights and anyone can run....But how many people do you see that can hold their entire body (while in awkward positions) for and extended period of time? Um hardly anyone I know I can! I want to be that girl who can do all that crazy stuff! So I was browsing Yoga stuff on Youtube yesterday and came across this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qX9FSZJu448

It was so inspiring. I figured there must be something to this Yoga program if it got this guy walking and RUNNING after being disabled for so long...And in only 6 months?!?! How amazing is that! The Yoga program he used is DDP Yoga. It is supposed to be really intense. A lot of fighters use it to stay in shape. Have any of you done it or heard of it? Thoughts?

http://www.ddpyoga.com/site/index.php/en/

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    It's just another yoga hybrid from some wrestler or boxer. The guy in the video is very inspiring, granted. While I haven't done the video, I don't think DDP has any special power. I would rather take yoga from someone who only studies yoga. Imagine if someone who studied yoga for 20 years, had 6 months of boxing training - would you want to take boxing classes from them?
    All that said, if you try it and like it, go for it.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The guy doesn't have 6 months of Yoga training. The disabled guy in the first video did it six months and was able to walk/run again.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I wasn't talking about the disabled guy in the video, I was talking about the maker of the video. Sorry for the confusion.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I also came across that video when I was researching Yoga videos and found it interesting and inspirational.

But in the end I decided against it because I'd rather do "normal", "regular" Yoga.
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do hot yoga and a power vinyasa yoga class three times a week and I do love traditional yoga and the whole atmosphere of it. However I did just order level one of DDP Yoga, not as a replacement for my regular yoga practice but for a way to incorporate yoga (which I love and gives me much more than just physical exercise) into a more strength building workout.

We will see if a a regular yogi like myself finds it as rewarding as it seem everyone else has.

Secretly I would like to get my boyfriend to try it as well since he does a lot of lifting and some cardio but has very poor flexibility.
  • desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It inspired me as well, and being a big wrestling fan this has intrigued me to get back into shape. I might save in order to get the program. I'll let yall know how it goes.