Any weird allergic reactions?

Options
Hope this isn't gross or anything.... For about a week, I've noticed I have been getting allergic reaction rashes to things I have worn or used before. Like right now, I'm wearing one of my favorite necklaces, and a spot where the chain touches my neck is pink and a little itchy...but it's touching my skin in other spots with no issue. Worn it a million times and it's never irritated my skin. I also have little itchy bumps on my hands, they are skin colored and very tiny. They itch only a tiny bit, and my whole hand is not covered, just small patches. I looked it up and from what it sounds like it could be a type of eczema. I have never had eczema, ever.

Has anyone else experienced this....randomly developing allergies or skin conditions? Is it my body just purging all the crap in my body via my skin? The hand issues are going away already but I just find it really odd and wondered if anyone else had this happen to them after switching to paleo/primal.

Replies

• caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    No, but that's annoying. 1/2 a benadryl?
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get some on my lunch break.. Hoping it helps. I'm breaking out on my chin too and I normally have great skin so that's what makes me thing it's like a purging or something. Or maybe I ate something I reacted to? So annoying grr lol
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was reading something related to the Whole30 and it said breaking out in rashes is not uncommon when doing the Whole30. Part of the process of toxins leaving your body?

I've been doing it for 5 days and I am itchy on my arms and face. It's making me crazy!
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was reading something related to the Whole30 and it said breaking out in rashes is not uncommon when doing the Whole30. Part of the process of toxins leaving your body?

I've been doing it for 5 days and I am itchy on my arms and face. It's making me crazy!

This makes so much sense! A couple of weeks ago I got into some stinging nettle, arms rashed up and all that. The rash went away but then came back and so on for the last, well lets see, about 14 days! I'm on day 12 of the Whole30. Here I was blaming the stinging nettle...now I'm thinking it was just a coincidence!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Whew! I am so glad you guys said something! I mean, I don't like that any of us are itchy of course, but I guess I'm glad I'm not alone lol. I went to target to get some benadryl (they were out...who runs out of benadryl??) and I picked up some aveno eczema therapy lotion and it's working so far. I wonder how long we're going to be ridding our toxins because this sucks haha
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had some pimples here and there, but no rashes, but there was a patch on my chin where my skin would peel while the rest of my face was fine. I think it's just part of the process -- the body wigs out when you make it do things it's not used to doing.
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Isn't it weird, I wondered about the little tiny red spots almost like little pimples, not many but a few of them but I never related that to my change of eating, but thanks for posting this. I am glad the toxins are coming out and not staying in.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I went back and found the quote about the skin issues:

Detoxin’: You may be experiencing some physical symptoms; the result of your body starting to heal from the damage done by your old less-healthy food choices. Acne and rashes, worsening allergies, and digestive distress are common during this first week. Sometimes, things get worse before they get better, but know this is a common, even healthy stage as your body starts to heal. Be patient—by the second week, these should be largely resolved.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!!!!! When I was trying to figure out the bumps on my palms, the possible type of eczema I figured it could be mentioned one of the causes was a change in the gut. So it makes so much sense now :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    could be contact dermatitis as well. my mom always gets it in the summer on her hands.