new to group

Options
Hi, I had gastric bypass in November, 2011. My starting weight was 258, I'm now 161. I didn't join my fitnesspal until Jan though, so, on here I've lost 41 lbs, but I've actually lost 97! I'm approaching the one year mark and I hope that I'm able to get to my goal of 136. I seem to be getting more discouraged lately, I think because I've had a few plateaus and the weight is coming off soooo slowly, even so, I have to always remember how much better I feel now compared to when I was 258 and more! I joined the group to see how other people are doing and get support and offer support if I can. :happy:
Julie

Replies

• ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this group...I do. Good luck on completing the journey. We are here for you!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    yes, welcome to the group.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I swear I am the plateau queen! My body just seems determined to hang on to everything it can :) Please feel free to add me :drinker:
  • pljohnson001
    pljohnson001 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the plateau queen...feels like I stay the same forever, and just when I'm beyond frustrated, it drops. Please feel free to friend me, too. :)
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a fantastic group!
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    Welcome to the group
  • Gahummingbyrd
    Options
    Welcome! The support here is awesome.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    VaingloriousVictoria Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mainer! I'm in Maine, too - near Kennebunk. I had my GBS last January - dropped a lot of weight and now have slowed down to a crawl. I have the new FitBit now, and hope that will give me more energy and motivation to move more and rev up my sluggish metabolism. You will love this group, so many people, stories, ideas and support. Welcome. :drinker: