Week 2 - 8/6-8/12

Options
13»

Replies

• eli_802
    eli_802 Posts: 60
    Options
    just completed week 2! looking forward to 2 days off, but even more i'm looking forward to mondays workout :)
  • artsykris
    Options
    Did w2d2 this morning. Continued on to finish up a 5k distance and cut 3 seconds off my time. W2D3 tomorrow. Next week will be interesting with the 3 minute run. That should help since I have a 5K to participate in next Saturday.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3 completed. Looking forward to next week and the start of Week 4.
  • LoNCole
    LoNCole Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Finished w2 this morning. The last two runs were harder, but I blame it on running into the wind :( I felt like I was doing worse than my other two runs this week but I ended up cutting 30 secs off my mile time. Not much but I will take it!

Excited for next weeks run!
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Over the last week I was in the Pocono Mts in PA. I kept with the program, even though all of the trails had some serious uphill moments. I actually found it easier to run there with the hills than I did when I got back to the Philly area on a flat track. The humidity here is awful.

Today was week 7 day 2 for me. For all of you who are just starting out, let me tell you first hand what a great feeling it is now that I am nearing the end! Just like many of you, I struggled with the first weeks, and many times, I thought the next step would probably kill me hahaha! Even now when I look ahead to next weeks schedule, I think to myself "oh man...I don't know if I can do that". But you know what...Last week I wasn't sure I could run for 20 minutes straight, but I did it today!

Keep going strong everybody! I am proud of myself, and I am proud of all of you for pushing through to accomplish this feat!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Fell last night on the fifth run interval - scraped up my palms and right knee, but my left knee is super swollen and badly abraded. Moving it hurts badly. :(
  • stepher80
    stepher80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I finished week 4 today! I went slower than I usually do because last night I did my first workout of New Rules of Lifting for Women and my legs felt like jello. In fact, during my run, my left leg almost buckled a couple of times! Glad I didn't fall off the treadmill.

I'm seeing that a lot of you guys have tried running outside after running on a treadmill and have found it a lot harder. This worries me since I have a 5K I'm supposed to run next month and I haven't run outside yet. Thinking I should start doing like one of the previous posters said and do one of my runs outside each week, or at least on the inside running track at my gym. The 5K I'm running in September will be in the evening but it will be here in Dallas and it will still be pretty darn hot outside. I need to acclimate to that before showing up on the big day!

Keep up all the great work guys!! This is such a big step towards a healthier and fitter life!
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Fell last night on the fifth run interval - scraped up my palms and right knee, but my left knee is super swollen and badly abraded. Moving it hurts badly. :(

I am so sorry. I've hurt myself one too many times and hate the set back. Take care of yourself!!
  • eli_802
    eli_802 Posts: 60
    Options
    ohmygoodness, i just re-read what this weeks workout was.. ends up that i've been doing 90 jogging/60 walking - instead of 120! ahhh, crazy lol. at least now i know i can push through next week no matter what haha