Lifting weights...Gained weight! But staying the course...

Options
My clothes feel the same and my belt is in the same loop hole...

i have a spring in my step... Anybody else care to report in...

Replies

• rainbowbuggy
    Options
    Well I recently started back actually lifting “heavy” so I can’t report in just YET but I will say from experience that fat loss is not instant and that is the purpose of lifting…..it so lose fat and build muscle. Which BOTH take time. Most of the time when someone losing quickly when lifting its because they are losing very valuable muscle tissue…obviously you want to avoid that.

In saying that, I see you said you’re weight is UP, well muscles retain water when they are trying to repair themselves so take the gain with a grain of salt. Also don’t believe the hype of….muscle weighs more than fat…..simply not true. A pound is a pound….muscle just is more dense and takes up less room. That is why you can have 2 people who weigh 180lbs yet look completely different. The one that has more fat looks bigger. The one that has more muscle looks much smaller…because muscle takes up less room.

Just don’t get discouraged by the scale. It’s simply a number and it tells you NOTHING! It’s just a NUMBER. Stay off it for about a month and let your body adjust to the amazing changes you are doing with the weights. Remember, muscle is your friend and you can’t build muscle doing cardio for hours on end. Up the protein, lift the weights and allow ample amount of recovery time. Also remember to never train the same muscles back to back…..allow time for healing

Keep up the great work, you are doing amazing and I right here along for the ride 
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've lost a grand total of one pound since July 2, but an inch off my waist, an inch and a half off my hips, and two off my bust--not thrilled about that last one, but oh well! ;-)

I think I'm beginning to see more definition--need to take pics again.
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    I slacked off on lifting weights the past week because of a sore shoulder and I've been doing lots of cardio via the carpentry work on my house. Catch 22 there because the sore shoulder is due to hammering & painting causing an old injury to flair up. My weight has stayed the same but my belt is one hole tighter again.

I'm not sure if I'm doing the deadlifting correctly so haven't really used heavy weights.
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Well I recently started back actually lifting “heavy” so I can’t report in just YET but I will say from experience that fat loss is not instant and that is the purpose of lifting…..it so lose fat and build muscle. Which BOTH take time. Most of the time when someone losing quickly when lifting its because they are losing very valuable muscle tissue…obviously you want to avoid that.

In saying that, I see you said you’re weight is UP, well muscles retain water when they are trying to repair themselves so take the gain with a grain of salt. Also don’t believe the hype of….muscle weighs more than fat…..simply not true. A pound is a pound….muscle just is more dense and takes up less room. That is why you can have 2 people who weigh 180lbs yet look completely different. The one that has more fat looks bigger. The one that has more muscle looks much smaller…because muscle takes up less room.

Just don’t get discouraged by the scale. It’s simply a number and it tells you NOTHING! It’s just a NUMBER. Stay off it for about a month and let your body adjust to the amazing changes you are doing with the weights. Remember, muscle is your friend and you can’t build muscle doing cardio for hours on end. Up the protein, lift the weights and allow ample amount of recovery time. Also remember to never train the same muscles back to back…..allow time for healing

Keep up the great work, you are doing amazing and I right here along for the ride 

Charity... this was good information! thanks for sharing, nice to be reminded of some stuff.. Love ya like a lil sis...
  • DJackson230
    Options
    I've lost a grand total of one pound since July 2, but an inch off my waist, an inch and a half off my hips, and two off my bust--not thrilled about that last one, but oh well! ;-)

I think I'm beginning to see more definition--need to take pics again.

Well... congrats on almost everythin :- D