Where do you pack on the pounds? What's your shape?

Hello All!

My name is Katrina and I just joined the group today. I am 5"3 1/4 (Yeah I know) and a size 16 on a good day and 18 on a bad one. I'm pear shaped which means I have all the curves in the world--below the belt. A Pear shape tends to have a small waist also. Yes I have belly fat but it's the easiest thing to lose (and gain right back). The scale says I weigh 200 lbs but when I say I don't look it, I mean it. Even the nurses automatically put the scale to 160 and become shocked that they have to slide it over more. Where is this 200 hiding? I know the answer: My thighs, hips and bottom. I've been blessed with curves ever since puberty hit me over 9 years ago. A 34 inch waist and 47 inches for my hips. I'm in no way ashamed of my curves but I know that a large amount of them have to go in order for me to reach a "healthy" weight. I mean, I could stand to get rid of my thunder thighs but you can't blame me for not wanting to get rid of my applebottom that girls are getting surgery to have. So ladies, tell me, where do you pack on your pounds and what's your body shape?

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    For me, it was my arms and my boobs! Of course I have a gut too, but it is getting smaller. I remember years ago when my 14 year old nephew was here from KY he said, "wow Auntie you have the biggest arms I have ever seen". You would of thunk I would of gotten on the bandwagon then and tried to lose weight, but did I. NO. I too have curves, especially when I hold in my stomach. Can't wait to lose some more weight and actually maybe show off some of these curves. Oh and I am 5'4 and now weigh 171 size 12 on a good day and 14 on other days
  • hjge67
    hjge67 Posts: 10 Member
    I am an hourglass. I do love my curves but it took years to appreciate them. When I gain weight I notice it in my lower tummy and legs. I wear a size 16, or 18. It really depends on the clothing brand. I haven't taken measurements... guess I don't want to know those numbers. The number on the scale is hard enough to deal with.
  • My arms are quite big too. I lack in the boob department so it's kinda odd to have a lot of fat there that just skipped over my chest (as I like to think of it). I think mines grew because I barely used my arm muscles. I've read that fat tends to bulk up around unused muscles.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm more of a cylinder
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    For me, it was my arms and my boobs! Of course I have a gut too, but it is getting smaller. I remember years ago when my 14 year old nephew was here from KY he said, "wow Auntie you have the biggest arms I have ever seen". You would of thunk I would of gotten on the bandwagon then and tried to lose weight, but did I. NO. I too have curves, especially when I hold in my stomach. Can't wait to lose some more weight and actually maybe show off some of these curves. Oh and I am 5'4 and now weigh 179 size 12 on a good day and 14 on other days
    [/quote

I put 171 and it was supposed to be 179, oh my wishful thinking that day. lol
  • I am 5'3" and weigh 138 pounds. I have a classic hourglass shape, however, my goal is to trim and tighten up all over. When I gain weight it is most noticeable in my face, breasts, and belly. I'd like to lose 20 pounds and fit into my clothes better.