Best Practices on the Weigh-in

Options
I was curious about the many ways that people weigh themselves. Frequency? Time of day? Naked vs. Clothed? etc.
Right now I am doing Monday mornings once a week. I am not sure about the naked vs. clothed...I've alternated, but I feel like I should stick to one method. Any thoughts? Or am I totally overthinking it! :)

Replies

• Erin70CA
    Erin70CA Posts: 85
    Options
    Hello : )

I weigh myself in the morning with pajamas on, after I have had my coffee. I usually do this 1-2 times per week.
    I was curious about the many ways that people weigh themselves. Frequency? Time of day? Naked vs. Clothed? etc.
    Right now I am doing Monday mornings once a week. I am not sure about the naked vs. clothed...I've alternated, but I feel like I should stick to one method. Any thoughts? Or am I totally overthinking it! :)
  • mbishop25
    Options
    Thanks Erin70CA! And your weight loss is encouraging! I want to loose 25 lbs.
  • KendyDawn81
    Options
    I was not thrilled with my outcome this week! I weigh on Saturday mornings, but stepped on the scale a couple of times just to see. It's all over the place and making me mad. I always weigh in the morning though.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    If you do it several times a day, it is just going to annoy you! remember that water will add some ounces!

I do it right when I get to work on Tuesdays. We are supposed to weigh in at the gym Tuesday evenings, so of course I am always a little heavier since I tend to eat and drink water during the day! I will sneak a peek once in a while just to see if I have my sodium in check.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    They say the best is once a week and in the morning. Clothing is your decision though, but definitely choose either on or off and if you choose on, try to wear the same type of material every time so you can get it as accurate as possible.

I'm not going to lie though... I tend to weigh myself every morning, but I try to only record it once a week!
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    I weigh every morning naked after my morning pee! LOL! Have to see my lowest weight. I only record on Wednesday's.
  • Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning, with no clothes, no water, no nothing yet. Every little ounce can make a huge difference for me.
  • mbishop25
    Options
    Thanks MFP family, this was helpful!