Christchurch People with Quake Weight?!

Options
georgie_lou
georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
Anyone on here from Christchurch? Looking for people to run/jog/walk Hagley Park with me. Get the dogs/strollers out and maybe go for a coffee after?

Replies

• georgie_lou
    Options
    Noone else from CHCH?
  • marsoe
    marsoe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am, but I have no free time :p
  • Kimberleycommonname
    Kimberleycommonname Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I used to run in Hagley once a week before winter, I'm just waiting for the weather to get better haha. My friend and i used to do yoga afterwards too, it was amazing.
  • georgie_lou
    Options
    I've just started running hagley. Love it! Havent tried yoga though. I'm rather highly strung so anything where I have to move slow and keep quiet doesnt really work lol.
  • kelsbellsnz
    Options
    hey =) I'm in chch but waiting on this crappy winter to finish! Also, I'm more of a run/walk "runner' - about to restart the couch to 5k programme =)
  • georgie_lou
    Options
    hey =) I'm in chch but waiting on this crappy winter to finish! Also, I'm more of a run/walk "runner' - about to restart the couch to 5k programme =)

I did that too!! I love C25K. Snapped my achilles last week so out for a while...BOO!
  • kelsbellsnz
    Options
    Oh no. You poor thing =(
    Wishing you quick healing xx
  • mellifluousnz
    mellifluousnz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in Oxford if there is anyone out this way for walking?
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    I am in Christchurch... The Pines Beach but wouldn't make a very good running buddy. I am 68. :wink: If anyone wants to add me as a friend, please do.
  • janiecrake
    janiecrake Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in Rangiora, can't call mine quake weight though as on,y moved here 2 days after the Feb quake. (don't ask). Not close enough to exercise with you though :( but keen for more local friends for motivation so please feel free to add me!
  • kckc69
    kckc69 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have Just moved FROM Christchurch and I'm now on a battle of the Bulge to get Rid of this quake weight, hoping to lose 30 Kgs By end of September for a wedding. Good luck everyone
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I actually lost a tonne of weight after the EQs! I can't even pinpoint why, but maybe the constant adrenalin pumped up my metabolism?!

I left NZ July 2011 and did ok for awhile, but now I've packed the weight back on. I would give almost anything to go back to doing C25K around Hagley Park! I did that rain or shine, winter and summer. I never made it past week 5, but it was the routine of doing it that helped me shed weight and tone up.
  • g0nefrank
    g0nefrank Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm from Christchurch and wouldn't mind finding an exercise buddy if anyone is interested in buddying up!
  • zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I live to far away from Hagley park to meet up for runs, as we are out in Kaiapoi.