Typical Diet/Meal Plan

Options
mollydt
mollydt Posts: 19 Member
Do you guys have any sort of typical diet/meal plan you follow? I've come up with one that seems to work pretty well for me, and I'd love to hear yours!

I tend to eat 4-5 small meals throughout the day, and although they're not huge meals, I feel like I'm literally eating all the time.

For breakfast, I usually have a piece of fruit or a handful of berries with either cereal (usually Cheerios) and skim milk, or nonfat plain Greek yogurt. One or two mornings a week I'll make a smoothie out of the yogurt, and one or two types of fruit.

For my mid-morning snack, I'll usually have fruit - either the leftovers from my smoothie or more fruit.

For lunch, I try to have a salad or a protein shake (unless it's Wednesday - my cheat day - then I'll probably have half a plate of Pad Thai with fried tofu from the Thai restaurant I work at).

For my afternoon snack, I'll either have the rest of my protein shake, or half a bowl of jasmine rice.

For dinner, I generally have anything I want, as long as it's not ridiculously unhealthy. I work a lot of night shifts, and I live at two different houses, so my dinner's usually consist of a bite or two of something I bring home from the restaurant for my dad, and then maybe some crackers and almond butter later in the evening.

This isn't set in stone, of course! I had a fantastic turkey wrap the other day for lunch with ginger ale, and a Muslim Thai salad for dinner a few nights a week.

I'd love to see what you guys generally eat throughout the day!

Replies

• ashleeejade
    Options
    Hey Molly - sorry about the late response! I had come to the conclusion that everyone was only posting on the scoring board so I stopped checking other posts, haha

I have about 5 smaller meals throughout the day too ^_^ For breakfast I usually have vegemite and low fat butter on brown bread with english breakfast tea - topped with low fat milk and a sweetener.

Morning tea is normally some form of fruit and yoghurt.

Lunch and dinner varies greatly, I never have the same thing so I can't answer this one! Some days I'll have soup or frozen veggies, different types of salads, wraps, sandwiches, healthy choice frozen meals - whatever I feel like! I still live at home so whatever Mum is cooking, I'll have for dinner ^_^

Afternoon tea is usually my favourite because I tend to have half an avocado on rice cakes which I LOVE! Or an avocado smoothie or the likes :-)
  • spectranna
    spectranna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a meal plan, but I too eat a few small meals or snacks throughout the day. :)
  • blmiles89
    Options
    What I eat varies but I usually try to keep the same foods in my diet since I have found some that I really like and are also really healthy and good for weight loss. I try my best to always eat 2 eggs for breakfast. It's a great source of protein to give you energy to start the day without a lot of cals. I also read in a weight loss book that adding at least 2 eggs a day to your diet can boost weight loss. :) For lunch, I usually eat a salad or turkey sandwich. I used to be bad about eating mayo but I've learned to love mustard! Also, when you eat bread, try to get a a healthy bread such as nature's own or fiber bread. I also quit eating cheese on my sandwiches. I'm a huge cheese lover but most dairy is fattening so I keep all dairy to a minimum. For meat, always eat lean. I almost always have chicken so that's usually my main dish for dinner, baked or grilled with some sort of seasoning. I cut out beef since it tends to be more fattening and I prefer chicken anyways. Another great meat is canned tuna. It's very lean and high in protein. If you like salads, it makes a yummy topping! One of my fav snacks is oats and chocolate fiber bars! I feel like I'm getting a treat/dessert but it's got lots of fiber which is one thing I usually don't have enough of. And of course, fresh fruits and veggies are always yummy so I have plenty of those! And lastly, I drink water with everything and I only drink water unless I'm treating myself and then I'll have a sweet tea. I try to always drink at least 8 glasses of water a day! It really helps to get rid of and keep off water weight! That's my basics and I'm averaging 3 lbs weight loss every week so I feel like I'm doing good!