Just finished week 6 of my reset...but LOST weight?!

Options
rr85114
rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
Okay. I'm very confused.

I've been eating at TDEE of 2480 (occasionally 100-200 over that) for a full 6 weeks. During that time, in the first week and a half my weight jumped up from pre-reset weight of 77.8kg to about 79.5kg. Over the past 3 weeks my weight has stabilized to 79 - 79.2. This made me think that I was eating my actual TDEE and maintaining.

HOWEVER - I weighed in today at 78.4kg! A loss out of nowhere?? I lifted heavy on Thursday and have done a lot of walking this week, but this week I haven't exercised as much or as intensely as I usually do.

What's going on? Any advice?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Well maybe you are not eating at your TDEE after all, but below:)
  • rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Noor :)

I'm just thinking - im still 0.6kg heavier than pre-reset - so do you think I should continue with my TDEE as is or increase for the final 2 weeks of my reset? If I finish my reset and am at the same weight (or only half a kilo or so heavier) maybe that just means I've lost the bloat/water weight that I held onto for the first 5 weeks of reset? Thoughts?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    If you are still above your reset weight then I would not bump up the calories. You gained at first which was likely water weight and now you are stabilizing. To me, it sounds like you found your TDEE.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation....I'm only starting the 4th week of my reset, but my weight hasn't really moved significantly. I've gained and lost the same 3 lbs every few days. Right now I'm sitting at 1/2 lb above my starting weight. I'm guessing it's just water weight, and that a lot of the early weight gain (I gained the first 3 lbs in the first 4 days of reset) was due to my body trying to figure out how to process all this food efficiently. I was putting much more food into my digestive tract than my body was used to.

I wouldn't worry if I were you....just keep trucking along for the last few weeks of your reset. :)