Stage one questions!

Options
charliebird
charliebird Posts: 168 Member
Good Morning!

I have just done my first week of Stage one but I have some questions!!!

Firstly I wanted to do my 3rd workout today (workout A stage 1) but can't get to the gym as hubby is out all day and I have my LO's. So I was thinking about doing it at home but I don't have the weights - all I have at home weight wise is an 8KG kettlebell and a 5llbs set of dumbells! So is it worth it? Has anyone any suggestions on what I could use or modify to make the workout worthwhile?

On workout B this week I was doing the lunges holding 12kg dumbells. I struggled though as I found it a strain on lower arm and wrists holding the weights in a static position, yet I felt my legs coped with the weight - any suggestions.

Again on workout B the reps on the crunches seemed really low? Am I missing something? I was using the swiss ball and I found them really easy? (I have used the swiss ball for crunches quite a bit before)

Does anyone run with this program on the "off" days?

Final question - there is no mention of stretching at the end of the workout? (unless I've missed it in the book) Should I be stretching or is that counterproductive in a strength program??!

Thanks for the advice!

Charlie x

Replies

• kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd wait until I have the proper weights., but you can try it. If you feel like you didn't get enough of a challenge, repeat it in the gym.

As for holding dumbbells while lunging, I have that problem at 30 lbs. I find it so uncomfortable and distracting, the I'll use a barbell instead, either pre loaded or in the squat rack with the regular barbell.

You can stretch if you feel you need it. I'm too lay too stretch, myself. Alwyn's wife, Rachel, is a big advocate for stretching in her book and her program is quite similar.

As for crunches, just add weight. Doing tons of reps won't do as much for you as adding resistance. If you are already doing these with your arms extended and they are still too easy, hold a light dumbbell in your hands with arms extended along the side of your head and glued to your ears.

HTH.

Kathy