New to the group - Hello everyone!

Options
jesusHchris
jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
Hey there all you violent-in-a-healthy-way folks. I just stumbled across the group and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been MFP'ing for about 6 months steady now and love it. Nutrition has become a bit of an obsession lately, which I am sure many of you are quite familiar with.

I've did some western boxing years ago - just as a hobby, I was never really great at it. I practice Muay Thai a couple of times a week now, with sparring usually once a week. I'm not really great at that either, but I'm working to improve and love every bone crushing second of it.

Good luck to you all in your health / fitness goals, and nice to be here.

Replies

• ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome jhc! I have more enthusiasm than skill sparring too, which is why I m currently sporting a cut across my nose from someone's tooth! ah well, at least I have a better explanation than 'I walked into a door'!. Feel free to add me
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MA forum, and to MFP!

I'm currently a green belt in Tae Kwon Do, in which I have been taking for almost 9 months, and i tlove it.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi always nice to meet new people. Im into kickboxing and mma and i love every moment im sparring.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome. :smile: I've been learning a mixed style for about 10 years. It's my passion.
  • redangel_321
    redangel_321 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to fitness pal - but not a stranger to martial arts. I did 3 years in taekwondo - and now I am training Kenpo and Jujitsu. I think I spelled that right . :) I am happy to be training and working out again and learning new tools for my martial arts life. I am excited to be on here to make the adjustment to my diet because excerise in the form of what we do is the best part! :) Sparring and forms are 2 of my favorites.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hi... New to this group as well!

My martial arts background is... Judo from age 7-9
    Mma from 14-15 with the freestyle black dragons in lincs uk under pete cooke
    And at 27 ive finally gone into kickboxing... im extremely unfit but im slowly improving, ive had 4 lessons so far and last friday went into the ring for the first time... I know the instructor let me get a few shots in to boost my confidence.. My body started giving up on me so then he punished me for giving in so easily with a few head and gut shots lmao

I cant believe it took me so long to get back into the ring...i had been searching for a club for about 2wks before I stumbled into thr 2 instructors fundraising to buy gear for their club... Must be fate
  • ramiroruiz
    Options
    Hi, welcome I'm new here too.
    I train sanda, boxing and brazilian jiu-jitsu.
    I've been training marcials arts for over 9 years and I'm here because I have to lose weight for this October 19 because I will participate in my most important tournament to date, The 9th Pan-american wushu championship, I will fight in Sanda.
    I don't like to dehydrate my body so I'm trying to lose as much as possible in the most natural and healthy way.
    It would be great to find other fighters, competitors, or anyone who trains daily that can motivate me to keep my goal.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    *waves* Another newbie to the group here :bigsmile: I thought it time I tried to find some like-minded folks since I :heart: Martial Arts. I'm doing Tae Kwon Do & Jiujitsu :bigsmile:
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: Welcome and like many...I'm new here too :happy:
  • JephaMooi
    JephaMooi Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm always taking this opportunity to shout out my NEWNESS!

I've been boxing and sparring all my life with friends and my brother, but just recently started Krav Maga classes.

AHHHHH-MAY-ZEENG!!
  • althaluszombie
    althaluszombie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hullo New here too. I have always been great with submission and locks and my brother is a boxer more so, so I have been attempting to improve my technical skill with punching. Besides stretching I have great kicking as well. I have been practicing wing chun for a few years and find it has increased my fluidity and speed in moving my limbs in coordinated fashion but not in power. I love to learn. add me and chat me. Fountain of knowledge. Take a sip. Fill your canteen. Water the plants.