New to Zumba

Options
I am new to Zumba. I have Zumba fitness 2 for Wii. I love it. It has great songs. But I was wondering how many times a week should I do it and when do you usaually see results. I created this group so people can chat with other Zumba lovers. And to make Zumba loving friends.

Replies

• sexyred57
    Options
    there is a group I joined on here called zumba for life. It's only 2 of us, you should join!...just noticed you started it...lol
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    lol. yea im trying to get people that are doing to to come together and help others that are just starting out and need help. i kno i will deff need some help. so if you kno anyone that is starting or started already and is on here tell them to join the group. We all can motivate each other.
  • ladycombat47
    Options
    i love zumba i do it at the gym two times a week, it so much fun
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    When did you start doing it.
  • cringling
    Options
    Hi all! I belong to a zumba studio. It has several zumba classes a day and that's all! I've found I hate running, hate doing all the regular stuff. I've been doing zumba off and on for 2 year but joined this studio in April. I got 4-5 times a week, 60 minutes each. It's VERY intense, and at first I couldn't get through the hour. I've noticed my face start to change shape (and so have others) a few months ago! Once you start you can't stop. I like to download the music they play and listen to it a lot - keeps me motivated! The more I learn the routines, the more fun I have with it. Good luck!
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    Thanks. I have the game for wii and it is so fun. The songs are so fun to dance to. They keep you motivated to keep going.
  • Alana150
    Alana150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just started going to Zumba classes this past week. It is so fun! I love it...more than regular exercises :) Although I don't have the hips or the moves like Jagger (working on it :bigsmile: ), Zumba gave me a great workout! I sweat like crazy!
    I went two days in a row (its offered 3 times a week at my fitness center) missed the 3rd day which I was bummed out about...anyway the two days I went my body was sore all over, especially in my legs. I can't wait for this weeks classes!
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Zumba daily @ home for 20mins. I love it!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I've done Zumba before, but just started a class at my gym. The instructor is super intense and I love it! I really like that she incorporated weights for part of it (that was hard!) I do other workouts as well but I am going to try to make it to the Zumba classes 3 times a week... they are between an hour and an hour and a half.
  • elmadmongoose
    Options
    I remember my first Zumba experience. It was at my Uni's gym. I stayed at the very back of the studio (about 40-50 participants) with another newbie, both quite intimidated. Following the instructors quick pace was confusingly frustrating enough :huh: , but I also had to deal with not being able to see the instructor's moves over the taller ladies in front. I left feeling disillusioned. "So THIS is what Zumba is all about?" I've always been a quick learner, but I felt this was beyond me.
    The music, however (ah, the music), was what kept me wanting more. I gave it another try - 5 tries to be exact - with 3 different instructors (same gym). Interestingly, they were all different from each other: their music preferences, rhythm, instructing style, energy, (fashion?).

It's been 2 years and 1 month that I've been doing Zumba (including Zumba Toning). To say I'm crazy about it might be an understatement. I'm at the point where I freestyle on some of the steps and learned entire routines of a 45-50 min class. I'll go all out on some moves and, at times, take things down a whole notch. Yeah, I might get some steps wrong (sometimes very wrong), but if that makes the instructor :bigsmile: , I'd gladly do it again. They've given me much more of those than they can imagine.

Things I've learned: No 2 instructors are created equal - When starting out, the 1st/2nd row might be your best option - When lost, let the music be your guide - Water. Drink it.

I love running, swimming, and strength training, but what keeps me motivated is Zumba.
    @cringling, I've also downloaded some of their songs (created a Zumba playlist:smile: )
  • Clpursell
    Options
    Zumba RUSH for Kinect! No controller! Love it! the WII Zumba has been given to a friend! AND another friend wants to start going tolive classed - I can wait! I HATE EXERCISE, DON'T LIKE RUNNING OR JOGGING OR WEIGHTS but I love Zumba - it is just plain fun!!

I was going three times a week last year and had loss 15 lbs....then the instructor relocated. Just getting back into it got the game on Wednesday and have done short class (15 - 20 minutes) EVERYDAY since! lost 2 lbs in 5 days! LOVE IT!!
  • beachlover1129
    beachlover1129 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    well the closest I have come to beginning zumba is purchasing it. I need to start but need some motivation, I say I am gonna do it in the evenings when I get home but never do. But soon and very soon I am gonna start
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    U can do it. Jyst set a certain time to do it and have fun. It is very fun. I looooove it.
  • MomStar5
    MomStar5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for xbox kinect and since school starts tomorrow I may actually have a chance to use it. I do run with the couch-2-5k program and ride bikes with the family but I have so far to go that I keep trying to find more to do to help.
    How long before you start to feel like you have any coordination at all?
  • mayintexas
    mayintexas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I have been doing off an on for the past year but have been very dedicated for the last 3 months I attend the classes offered at my fitness center twice a week. I wish they offered more classes. I know there are other places in my town that do this, but (like someone else already mentioned here) no two instructors are alike and I really like the current one. I absolutely love the music and really look forward to each class. Our dance routine changes every month so the beginning of the month could be challenging but it is always a lot of fun, etc.

It took me about a month to get the hang of it.
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    Im a newbie :D Im hoping to go buy Zumba on Sunday for the Wii. I am wanting to lose some inches/weight in 4 weeks. I am hoping that trying something new will help :) Come september after my week vacation I plan on going to classes 2 x a week.
  • courtney3988
    courtney3988 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have been only doing it for think 2 weeks now i have the zumba for the wii. I like the music there is one dance that i really like doing, :happy:
  • cliq2000
    cliq2000 Posts: 21
    Options
    So new Im squeaky...this site looks fabulous tho, and Im rarin to try the Zumba routines. Can anyone tell me advantages/disadvantages of classes versus the game type? We own a wii so that would be my format. So far just doin on demand freebies and youtube vids. Thanx
  • ramurillo77
    Options
    I just started doing Zumba (videos @ home) last week and I enjoy it. The first workout was intense and I didn't think I could finish it but I did. My goal is to do 45-60mins X 3days/wk. Eventually I want to join a class. I do agree, the music is very motivating and fun to work out to.
  • ceboykin
    ceboykin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is cece and i have wanted to try
    zumba but did'nt know if i could because i have
    arthritis in both knees and i weigh over 300 lbs
    can it be done? thank you