Insanity-is it really insane?

Options
I'd like to learn more about this workout, anybody currently doing it or have just finished it? Does it actually work? I am pretty fit but I am concerned I wont be able to do it, it seems pretty insane (ha :P) I'm also new here and need some friends/ motivation so friend me!

Replies

• kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now -- just started month 2. It has worked for me. I'm down 7 pounds as of this morning since June 30 when I started Insanity. (138.5 to 131.5) If you are "pretty fit," you should be fine. When I started I had been totally inactive up until about 30 days prior, where I was doing Couch to 5K and 30 Day Shred. I found the first month difficult, but not completely horrible. (Don't get me wrong -- I still had to take breaks and there were some moves I couldn't completely do, but overall it didn't feel out of reach. In other words, its doable.) You will sweat a ton, though, and feel like you have had a fantastic workout when you finish! Month 2, however, is totally insane so far. It's really hard. I've been saying a lot of "You have got to be kidding me" as he introduces the next move. Overall, it is a very challenging workout, and if you like to be challenged, you will love it.
  • nicholssd
    Options
    I will be starting week 4 of Insanity tomorrow. It hasn't been impossible. I would agree that if you are in decent shape you will be fine. I used to be a runner in HS and a little in college and have slowly gained weight as work and family has taken over. i haven't lost any pounds yet, but I have noticed my lower half getting much more toned. I have heard from other people that month 2 is where you really start to see results, so I'm trying to hang in there. :) I also have a mild back injury and have had to slightly modify some of the exercises in the early stages. I don't make it through without taking extra breaks yet, but I try to look at it as building muscle and getting fit, not necessarily losing pounds.

I say go for it! Feel free to friend me if you want someone to sweat through it with you! :)
  • enb5056
    enb5056 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys! I think I'm gonna start it and see where it takes me! I just found a site that posts the videos for free so I'm really excited!
  • Livmoore1
    Options
    Can you share what site that posts Insantity for free? I would love to start it but cost has been a factor.
  • haeffel2
    haeffel2 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm on my last week of Insanity and it has been FANTASTIC. I wasn't totally unhealthy before, I ran and went to the gym about 3 times a week but Insanity kicked my *kitten* so now I've lost 3 lbs (131 to 128) and I'm so much more tone AND it has really inspired me to be more fit and active. It encouraged me to do the Warrior Dash (did it- SO FUN) and now I have two more 5ks in the next two months and I'm training for a half marathon in April. Insanity kicked me into shape and really got me to love a tough workout. (and it ensured that I will be hitting the gym at least 5 times a week when I finish the program. Heck, I may even go round 2) :]

Here's the link I use to stream it for free (don't be turned off by the creepy website....I just stumbled across this and all the links are good [except the fit test is wrong but that whole vid is on youtube])

http://imgonnamakeachange.tumblr.com/post/15136470862/you-will-only-regret-the-workouts-you-dont-do
  • ashleyxxxo
    ashleyxxxo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting Insanity. Whoever is planning on starting let me know!!
  • enb5056
    enb5056 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey! Sorry for the late reply! This is the blog that posts insanity videos, i have yet to try it out (gaining the courage) but i opened a video and all looks fine!
  • Livmoore1
    Options
    Pumped to get started with it! Did the Fit Test and that alone was totally killer, haha. Can't wait for what else is in store!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about Insanity but I don't know anything about it. Is it a cardio workout, or a strength workout, or a bit of both? Is it similar to the 30 day shred?