really? Wow are you kidding me?!

Options
miripat
miripat Posts: 2 Member
Don't you just hate it when the women in that excersize video says..."Come on People! even 300...400 pound can do this so can you!
Are you kidding me? Laying on the mat and jumping to my feet and rolling back down with a sit up? I can promise you a standing postion and a rolling back down to my back, but after that I will need help jumping back up in the 15 seconds it takes that women to do it. , BUT rolling back up to my feet? I somehow dont see that happening right now but maybe in a couple of months, maybe? You know when you have not been exceriseing you really cant slide that DVD in and expect to jump right into it as those extra in shape women/men. I'm giving myself permission to improvise those moves that even 300 or 400 people can do.. lol:wink::wink:

Replies

• mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome & i know what u mean, I can't do certain exercises right now but maybe after i lose some more.
  • TimeWillTell2
    TimeWillTell2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I do those exercise - my goal is just to finish the time. I try all the moves, but like you - there is no freakin way! So take a victory lap that you just did your best right now!
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hhhhaaaa, right? I am lucky I dont break when I stretch, fall when I walk. These pple dont have arthritis!
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Don't you just hate it when the women in that excersize video says..."Come on People! even 300...400 pound can do this so can you!
    Are you kidding me? Laying on the mat and jumping to my feet and rolling back down with a sit up? I can promise you a standing postion and a rolling back down to my back, but after that I will need help jumping back up in the 15 seconds it takes that women to do it. , BUT rolling back up to my feet? I somehow dont see that happening right now but maybe in a couple of months, maybe? You know when you have not been exceriseing you really cant slide that DVD in and expect to jump right into it as those extra in shape women/men. I'm giving myself permission to improvise those moves that even 300 or 400 people can do.. lol:wink::wink:

I completely agree. I always get angry when I hear her say that. I do believe it is counter productive on her part. It is just a mode of "bashing" that some people believe they need to hear. As I jump around my humble living room in front of "Oh Ripped One", I would like to slap her for this mindless bashing. That said, many of the moves DO get easier if you push through them. Just listen to and respect your bods peoples : )

Also, turning off her voice once you know the moves, and listening to your own good music works wonders. Enjoy!
  • sherry009
    Options
    you rarely see heavier people doing those and yes,it can be done but slowly!! I have a friend that is small and she cant even do them,gets out of breath fast,I work my way up when I try doing them,a few mins more every few days,as long as you are moving thats what counts!! and speaking of them,I need to get one and start it myself,YOU helped me!! Thanks!! sherry
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    those ads make me laugh:laugh: , its like the ads where they offer slimming products and the one promoting them is so small . I just wish everyone who uses these products should realize they are being set up for a big disappointment:sad:
  • Shamrock9377
    Shamrock9377 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    All I know is that some of those exercises were never made to have a 300-400 pounds person do them. It would raise havoc on their joints. Hips, knees, ankles!!! Oh my! If you are severely overweigh as I was, 285.2, start out in the pool or use a stationery bicycle, or a NuStep machine. These are all low impact and will not hurt your joints. As you lose weight, then try doing some of the land exercises. And if you decide to do the land ones, don't do the jumps, hops, etc. As long as you are moving, that's what it's all about. The rest will come with time. Baby Steps.....take baby steps. I'm down to 212.4 now and am just now decided to try some land aerobics. I have had one knee replacement and the other is due in November. So, I know what exercising at high impact can do to joints. Take it slow. You don't have to become a gym guru overnight. Slow and steady will still get you there. Swimming is also wonderful exercise. Plus, you never know you sweat!!! Don't forget the weight room either! More muscle burns more fat!!!

Good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • mbdoordie2012
    Options
    Nice to hear (read??) from people who have the same things to say that I do! Holy crap, Shamrock9377! You are doing so well and in only 9 months. Makes me think that there's hope for me afterall. Got tired of the weight watchers, TOPS, etc skinny girls moaning and complaining that they have to lose 10 pounds or less when I'd kill to only have that much to lose!