Weekly Challenge: August 6-12

Options
Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "You Are What You Eat" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC July) This month's challenge is to try and identify the most important nutritional challenge you face. Are you good all day but then can't stop snacking at night? Is lack of planning interfering with your diet? Are you planning too strictly and then finding yourself melting down on Saturdays? This week you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list if you select a nutritional goal and meet it! Take long hard look at food journals and set a goal that makes you healthier and happier.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:
Corey
★Jill ✓

Fitness Buffs:
Debbie ✓
Ellie

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "The Tortoise and the Hare" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC August) This month's challenge is to decide if you are a Tortoise or a Hare. Begin each week by selecting which character you will be for the week.

Tortoise(s) - When selecting tortoise, you will pick a fitness goal that ups the intensity of your workout. So you could run further or faster, or you could add in interval training, or you could take on an exercise that is particularly challenging for you. The goal is to significantly increase the challenge of your workouts.

Hare(s) - When selecting hare, you will pick fitness goals that increase the duration and consistency of your workouts. So you could take an extra walk once a week, or spend more time doing doing exercises that you are already doing. The goal here is to focus on a "slow and steady wins the race" mentality and to increase the amount of time you are working out.

So? Which are you this week? A Tortoise? Or a Hare? Pick one and meet your goal to earn a ✓.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "The Tortoise and the Hare" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Leaderboard

Ellie - 200 days
    Debbie - 175 days
    Jill - 105 days
    Corey - 45 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I like the new challenge!

I will go for the tortoise this week and I will be taking a break from lifting and doing more cardio. My goal will be to actually run for more of my runs instead of slowing down and walking, I always seem to do that at the same point.

Going for buff again.
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I will go for the hare this week with the goal of hitting the elliptical for more than the 15 minutes I have been doing lately. My personal goal is to log more consistently as I have slacked this past few weeks big time ESPECIALLY with the exercise.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ooh, fun! I'll go for buff as usual. And tortoise, as I'm trying to build me mileage still.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    This week I will go for Tortoise just try to up my exercise as much as possible.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    This week I am going for Elite again! :smile:

Personal Goal: from Wednesday thru Sunday (since I did horribly on Mon and Tues), NO EATING SWEETS at work, the usual!

"The Tortoise and the Hare" (RMC): I am going with Hare. I want to increase my cardio time a little bit this week
  • Misterbigg37
    Misterbigg37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'llgo with Buff...Thanks
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Anyone want to check in? :-) Surely our week was not so bad?

Here's mine.

Exercise Minutes: 244 - Buff
    Personal Goal: None
    "The Tortoise and the Hare" (RMC): Tortoise - I got in a lot more slow moving exercise this week. Mowing the lawn and hiking again.
    Days logged in: 0, Consistently logging in is not my strongest suit.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 318 min and 2276 calories burned
    Personal Goal: personal goal- FAIL
    "The Tortoise and the Hare" (RMC): Hare- I slightly increased my time on one day
    Days logged in: 115?
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 195, a bit short of my buff goal. Enthusiast!
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) Run 4 miles this weekend, did it!
    "The Tortoise and the Hare" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) Hare, yes, see above
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 185? Not sure lol