Quick! Roast crock pot ideas needed!

Options
IselaCB
IselaCB Posts: 14 Member
I have an Eye of Round Roast in the crock pot. What should I add to it? I'm tempted to go with that bottle of bbq sauce in the back of the pantry, but know I shouldn't! Ideas?

Replies

• zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Rosemary (fresh if you have it) and onions, carrots, random root vegetables and whatever green spices you have laying around and a little bit of water.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I second the onion and carrots!!! They get so soft and full of flavor when you toss 'em in there with your beef or pork roast. Stay away from the BBQ sauce!!!
  • IselaCB
    Options
    Rosemary (fresh if you have it) and onions, carrots, random root vegetables and whatever green spices you have laying around and a little bit of water.

Done! Thank you so much. I think I'll even throw some chard in there in the last half hour.

*OK...BBQ sauce is going back to the back of the pantry...that was a close one...
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i made one last night... i put in beef broth and carrots, celery, bay leaf, garlic, salt, pepper, onions, low for 8-9hrs. at the very end i put in some steamed potatoes for the kids and hubby, used the little ones so i could easily not eat them.
  • IselaCB
    Options
    i made one last night... i put in beef broth and carrots, celery, bay leaf, garlic, salt, pepper, onions, low for 8-9hrs. at the very end i put in some steamed potatoes for the kids and hubby, used the little ones so i could easily not eat them.

Yeah, I threw in some potatoes for the kidlets. Darn, wish I had some celery. But I think I'll definitely throw in more garlic. Maybe even a red bell pepper...hm...
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. Seriously nom in a roast.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Also, adding a 1/2 cup of red wine or sweet vermouth to the cooking broth can really add to the depth of flavor.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You all are making me hungry :-)
    tomorrow I'm doing that slow-cooker coconut ginger pork roast from Marks Daily Apple. I can't wait to try it
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    oh man.. have to put pot roast on my grocery list... i heart my crockpot
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I made a roast on friday, then with the leftovers made stew and had it for lunch today it was soooo gooood!