Weekly Challenge: August 13-19

Options
Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "The Tortoise and the Hare" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC August) This month's challenge is to decide if you are a Tortoise or a Hare. Begin each week by selecting which character you will be for the week.

Tortoise(s) - When selecting tortoise, you will pick a fitness goal that ups the intensity of your workout. So you could run further or faster, or you could add in interval training, or you could take on an exercise that is particularly challenging for you. The goal is to significantly increase the challenge of your workouts.

Hare(s) - When selecting hare, you will pick fitness goals that increase the duration and consistency of your workouts. So you could take an extra walk once a week, or spend more time doing doing exercises that you are already doing. The goal here is to focus on a "slow and steady wins the race" mentality and to increase the amount of time you are working out.

So? Which are you this week? A Tortoise? Or a Hare? Pick one and meet your goal to earn a ✓.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:

Fitness Buffs:
★Sara Grace
★Jill

Fitness Enthusiasts:
★Debbie✓

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "The Tortoise and the Hare" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC August) This month's challenge is to decide if you are a Tortoise or a Hare. Begin each week by selecting which character you will be for the week.

Tortoise(s) - When selecting tortoise, you will pick a fitness goal that ups the intensity of your workout. So you could run further or faster, or you could add in interval training, or you could take on an exercise that is particularly challenging for you. The goal is to significantly increase the challenge of your workouts.

Hare(s) - When selecting hare, you will pick fitness goals that increase the duration and consistency of your workouts. So you could take an extra walk once a week, or spend more time doing doing exercises that you are already doing. The goal here is to focus on a "slow and steady wins the race" mentality and to increase the amount of time you are working out.

So? Which are you this week? A Tortoise? Or a Hare? Pick one and meet your goal to earn a ✓.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "The Tortoise and the Hare" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Leaderboard
    Debbie - 185 days
    Jill - 115 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • slimntrim77
    Options
    Alright! My first challenge!!!

I will pick

Fitness Buffs

and for my challenge, I want to reduce snacking on junk food both at work and at home. I want to instead eat Yogurt or carrot sticks or some fruit for snack all week long.

For my personal goal, I want to be able to complete 12 miles of walking this week as part of my cardio.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Ah shoot. I messed up my repost of the challenges. Fixed now.

Sri - Feel free to stick with the "You are what you eat" challenge if you like. That was our July challenge but it was a good one. :-) This month we are choosing whether to be a tortoise or a hare with our weekly exercise. (See descriptions above.)

This week: I am going to to try and be a Hare. I am going to try to do three days on my friends rower. Today I'll set a time for a given distance and then spend the next two days trying to beat it! When I get home I will try and make it to the gym twice more to row against that time. Row!

``()()
    =(-,-)=
    `(")_(")
  • slimntrim77
    Options
    Ah! I see :) No worries, Sara. Ok, I will pick to be a Hare. I will see if I can add 20 mins of cardio on days that I do plain strength (Tuesday and Thursday).
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    buff this week. Tortoise , trying to finish my 5 mile race this Sunday with as little walking as possible :smile:
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    I am going for Elite this week, didn't do it last week, this week it is on!! :smile:

I am going with Tortoise this week! Upping the intesity of my cardio!

My personal goal- well I failed on Monday and today, but from Wednesday until Sunday my goal is NO chocolate or goodies outside of lunch bag at work! This is going to be an ongoing goal I'm guessing since I struggle so badly with this!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    I ended the week with:

Exercise Minutes: 455 min and 3804 calories burned! :)
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) less sweets- failed
    "The Tortoise and the Hare" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) yes, I upped intensity of my work outs and upped duration!
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 120
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 250
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) Don't think I had one this week, lol
    "The Tortoise and the Hare" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) tortoise - finished my 5 mile race, just 0.5 miles of wakling!
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 190