How are you getting 30-50grams of fibre?

Options
Hey there,

I'm Sarah. I'm half way through the book so haven't got through all the rules but I've been slowly switching over as I read more. I wanted to start making a big push on it this week and really get going on it. So my big question is how do you get in that much fibre? I've been eating mainly a high protein and low carb diet so I didn't think it would be that much of a switch but in the last week I've been keeping an eye on the amount of fibre to see what my daily intake is like and it's no where near 30 let alone 50 grams! I'd love any tips that anyone has.

Cheers,

Sarah

Replies

• LessKaren
    Options
    I am having trouble with that also. I am getting about 25 a day. Still working on it, I just started a couple weeks ago . Slowly changing how I eat. I did not start with his diet. I just trying to follow the rules and some are easier to follow than others.
  • ShrinkMeQuickly
    ShrinkMeQuickly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cheers Karen, well done on the 9lbs!!! Sarah
  • basket61
    basket61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not really tracking this.......how is everyone else doing? I'm losing, but I'm not calcuating fiber intake. Will that cause me problems when it comes to trying to keep this weight off?
  • Cullenbraille
    Cullenbraille Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have read the book, but i havent been grocery shopping yet. Right now, I can't eat more than 22-25 without adding beans. I think more and more veggies will do it. Adding spinach to your eggs or fruit to your oatmeal, it'll add up, right?
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    the closest I have gotten is 29g. It's hard!
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started...but I got in 34g today. I notice a lot of his meal suggestions include a slice of bread, so that's what I ended up doing. Breakfast was on a light multigrain english muffin, and 1 snack and dinner had a slice of 10 grain bread. (But I'm also following the Bodymedia armband's recommendation for calories instead of the bare minimum Bob talks about)
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I haven't read the book so I don't know exactly what his "rules" are but..........from what I've read (on this group) it sounds like you are able to eat some bread products. I regularly (not counting past 2 weeks - cuz of holidays) get in at least 40grams of fiber/day. My go to items are the Thomas multigrain english muffins (100 cals w/8 grams fiber), latortilla low carb tortillas (large ones 80 cals w/12 grams fiber), and aunt millies whole grain white bread (2 slices, 100 cals w/5 grams fiber). For lunch if I don't have a tortilla wrap then I have either pea soup or chicken taco chili (made w/lots of beans).