lets have fun

Options
Ok i am going to start doing zumba every morning. My 3 yr wedding anni is next month and i want to lose weight and look better before then. I kno that is alot to ask but i kno i can do it. Is there any specfic reason yall are doing zumba

Replies

• Clpursell
    Options
    Zumba is FUN! I don't know of any other exercise that can make me sweat and burn so many calories and I love it! It is just plain fun! I am NOT a dancer, do not like clubs or clubs dancing but there is something about Zumba that just works for me! I was going to a live class 3 days a week until my instruction relocated her studio :(

I just bought ZUMBA RUSH for the kinetic Xbox 360 - Love it! even spent some $$ and downloaded LMFAO sexy and I know it!

Good luck!
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    I have zumba fitness 2 for wii and love it
  • Alana150
    Alana150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    My reason is to lose weight and to stay motivated in doing so. Zumba is fun! I know it will help me stay motivated to continue this journey. I didn't like 'sexy and I know it' song before...but I Love doing my Zumba routine to it now! :bigsmile: Good Luck all!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have done the Zumba classes and the DVDs are they are both fun. I just need a little motiviation to get started again. Once I do it, I know I will be hooked again. It gets you in shape faster than anything. I could see my waist and curves show up super fast when I was dedicated to it. I haven't tried XBox, but it sounds interesting. I will have to check it out.
  • KaseyStar12
    KaseyStar12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba so much that I got licesnced (sp????) to teach! I love the stress relief!!
  • mbelmontes143
    Options
    I love to teach Zumba! I have been teaching Zumba for 1.5 years, and took classes with one of the best instructors in my city. I teach 7 classes a week in three different gyms (two back to back classes on Thursdays and Fridays). I have lost about 25 pounds, my cloths fit much better, and I have tons of energy!
  • ninnalibra
    Options
    yeppp...my sister's wedding is in december...m goin back to my home country and want to surprise all my folks that once plump is so fit today....hahhah...n i think zumba is so much fun that i'l stick to it....coz m jus loving it...even if m sore I dont care n put my dancing shoes on...
  • cliq2000
    cliq2000 Posts: 21
    Options
    Me too, my anniversary is in october, and I would love to have made a dent in my overall weightloss goal by then!
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am doing Zumba for the first time this week. I have seen and heard so much about it. How fun it is, how much it changes your body, how it works fairly fast depending on your dedication to it. So I thought I would try it and see what happened. It will take a while to be able to get through the whole dvd but slow and steady wins the race right?
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I do zumba because it is tons of fun. It's just dancing to some super awesome music but by the time you get done, you are drenched in sweat. Zumba is a wonderful way to get the weight off. Once it's off you will need to add more challenging workouts for toning up such as Supreme 90, insanity, turbo fire (Any type of stregnth training. Bottom line: If you want to lose weight and have fun and meeting cool people while doing it, zumba is it...
  • mbelmontes143
    Options
    I do Zumba because is the only exercise that is fun and results can be seen within weeks. I teach 7 classes a week. I have been able to lose 35 pounds in the last 2.5 years. I carried my fat in the middle section, and most of it is gone. I went from size 14 to size 8. However, in order to see results you need to use your muscles when doing the movement and not just going thru the motion. Make sure that you put 100% when you do the class, you should be breathing hard, but you should be able to talk. Good luck and have fun doing Zumba.
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    My reason is its the only Cardio i have actually loved.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I like it because it's fun and it works. It's something I know I'd stick because it's fun and I'm pouring sweat afterwards so I don't feel like I've been wasting my time after the workout is over. But I must say, I've been going to live classes. And the teacher definitely makes the class. Most of my experienes have been good. But there are some instructors that I feel like I've wasted my time after I've taken their class.
  • Zumba365
    Zumba365 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for over 3 years and I love it! Makes me feel sexy. MY confidence has increased. it jusr makes me feel good.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many different forms of cardio, but I have never left planning when I can go again, until Zumba. I :heart: Zumba. Doing a 3 hour Toys for Tots Zumba-thon this week with Zumba365:bigsmile:
  • schortey
    schortey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome if you have the right instructor. I have tried several Zumba classes through out the year and was not really satisfied. Some are to fast and other are too slow. For the past year, I have been with the same Zumba instructor and she is awesome. I go twice a week, one day of regular Zumba and the other is Zumba toning.