What was your jump start?

Options
Hello Everyone,
This is my second time around on Myfitnesspal. The first time around I lost 30lbs. Then I became pregnant with my third child and gained it all back and then some. I am having a hard time getting started. During my pregnancy I was restricted on what I could do physically and even had to take some time off of work. I went from exercising regularly and being active, to having to stay off my feet as much as possible.
So, I guess my question is how did you get started and what kept you going? I could use some motivation.
Thanks

Replies

• ASchaffer23
    ASchaffer23 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started walking around the neighborhood with one of my friends a few times a week. Then I started jogging with my husband. I think its easier to get motivated when you have someone that's willing to do it with you. Also if you have an xbox there is this game called My Shape Fitness Evolved, they have everything from yoga to kickboxing, I really enjoy doing that. Good luck!
  • kay1188
    kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I got a kick start when my neighbour drove past me walking in the blazing heat of the sun... He waited for me at the gate that same day just to tell me that he chose not to stop because I was so fat I needed the exercise... HELLO 3-4 months after having my baby... I was 145 ate 5foot 5inches before pregnancy... That broke me... So after taking a good look in the mirror for the first time I knew I had to do something FOR MYSELF.... My dad is diabetic and my mom hypertensive and neither are fat so you can imagine the risk I had put myself in at my then 197lb state...

I started walking more... in the evenings... Stopped eating after six... replaced drinks/juices/soda with water.... I have lost some but that has motivated me to go the rest of the way
  • frcklz613
    frcklz613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was depressed about my weight after giving birth (had a C-section and did not realize how much recovery was involved), but I couldn't motivate myself. After I went back to work and had been back a little while, one of my students asked me why I still looked pregnant (4th graders). I knew it was an innocent question, but I couldn't take it anymore. I started tracking my calories and joined the gym. I lost 10 pounds pretty quickly and have hit a few walls since then, but I'm slowly getting there. It feels great to try on my old clothes and see that they fit (or almost fit)!
  • kay1188
    kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awwww Congrats and keep up the good work!!!