Welcome to the 25NYS Challenge!

Options
de50155f.png

Thanks for joining me!

As you know, I have set a personal goal to lose at least 25 pounds by January 1, 2013. I aim to lose 5 pounds each month, from August through December, and I aim to keep it off! Let's band together and reshape ourselves for the New Year! Please feel free to use this Group to discuss anything that is relevant to 25NYS. And don't forget to network with others that are doing this challenge, too! Success comes with support and inspiration - so let's motivate each other!

Remember, everyone's body responds to diet and exercise differently, so don't stress if you don't see results right away. A day at a time, and bit by bit. I welcome all invites, so add me if you'd like a new friend: Pudgebrownie (But you can call me Pudge).

Checkout how many ae1204b5.png this challenge has so far! Hip hip hooray!

3a3bfa2d.png
Our Group Mods are:

Colacolenikky
Ridge1980
[Posted 08-14-12]
PLEASE NOTE that all weigh-ins should be submitted into the appropriate month weigh-in thread located here in Group! As a side note, please don't be discouraged if you do not lose weight weekly - check into the weigh-in thread anyway - and focus on next Sunday :]

76bacb44.png

Name:
Height:
25NYS goal weight:
What's your game plan:

Replies

• Pudgebrownie
    Options
    Name: Pudge

Height: 5 foot

25NYS goal weight: 110lbs

What's your game plan: Primarily, calorie counting with low to moderate exercise (i.e. walking and casual swimming).
  • ridge1980
    ridge1980 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Name: Ridge

Height: 5'2"

25NYS goal weight: 140

What's your game plan: Training for a marathon, Turbofire, and Jillian Michael's Body Revolution
  • raquelmadison
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation!

Name: Rachel

Height: 5' 5"

25NYS goal weight: 130

Game plan: fun exercise, gardening, riding my bike to work, yoga and gym, plus calorie counting....
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options
    Welcome, ladies!

I sure hope we get more participants to do this :]
  • adila1979
    Options
    Name: Adila

Height: 5´7

25NYS goal weight: 210

Game plan: Jillian Michaels DVDs ( 30DS/BFBM), Zumba and lots of walking. Foodwise, calorie counting.
  • Hibiscus1984
    Options
    Name: Andrea

Height: 5'2

25NYS goal weight: 130

What's your game plan: Watch my calorie intake, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, work on jogging instead of walking with my dog.
  • sfergy
    sfergy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Name: Sfergy

Height: 5'4"

25NYS goal weight: 145

What's your game plan: I plan to do anything that will get me off my couch and moving... I'm very LAZY... I need to change this habit before I can make new ones. Also need to improve my eating, I skip a lot of meals, usually under 1000 calories a day.
  • pinkpanthers1995
    pinkpanthers1995 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Name: Dawn

25NYS goal weight: 160

What's your game plan: calorie counting, Jillian 30 Day Shred, back to the gym and Geocaching with hubby. Anything that gets me moving and burning calories.
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hello! This is great for some longer term motivation!! Let's do this!

Name: Christina
    Height: 5'2"
    25NYS goal weight: 147
    What's your game plan: Focus on cals/fat/protein/carbs/Na goals and lots of zumba, walking and whatever other exercise I get into.
  • athomew7
    athomew7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, this sounds like a great way to stay motivated!

Name: Dena
    Height: 5'7
    25NYS goal weight:169
    What's your game plan: tracking my food, alternate jogging and walking, training for 10k in April, mini goals of 5 lbs with rewards for reaching them.
  • Special2013
    Special2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Taking the challeng with you.I have been scared to state my goals out loud because i need to lose so much and i didn't want to disappoint my self. I can however look for 25 by Jan. I still not ready to state my goal but thats o.k little steps . Thanks for developing this challenge.
  • GinaBeana1121
    GinaBeana1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great support system to me!

Name: Gina
    25NYS goal weight: 110
    What's your game plan: Actively using MFP and slowly shifting to a clean diet. Also cardio and high intensity circuit training 5 days a week.
  • jailyn3
    jailyn3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Name: Jailyn
    Height: 5'3
    25NYS goal weight:140
    What's your game plan: Exercise (Elliptical, 30DS and similar), calorie count and cooking healthy for my family.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Name: Sandy
    Height: 5 foot 5 inches
    25NYS goal weight: 175
    What's your game plan: eat better & hopefully get in to an exercise routine

Thanks for the group!!
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options
    Wonderful! So glad more of us are joining :]
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Name: Beth
    Height: 5'11
    25NYS goal weight: 155
    What is my game plan: To get off the couch and be more active. To eat better then what I am currently doing. I am prediabetic and currently fighting to keep from coming full blown diabetic.

Good Luck Everyone!!:smile:

**My goal weight is my all time goal. The weight I want to be back at. However I dont see it happening that soon.**
  • ZivileZu
    ZivileZu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Name: Sylvie
    Height: 5'5
    25NYS goal weight: 115
    What's your game plan: Eat clean & healthy, cardio 1-2x week and strenght/flexibility training 2-3x week. I want it to become my lifestyle routine.
  • Geneva1978
    Options
    Hi All!!! I'm so excited and really determined to stick with this.

Name: Geneva
    Height: 5'1
    25NYS goal weight: 140
    What's your game plan: Increase excercise to 5 days per week (running, walking, tennis, strength training), increase fruits, veggies and water, decrease sweets, keep a food journal and be more patient with myself!
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options
    Welcome, welcome!
  • jsh833
    jsh833 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Name: Jackie
    Height: 5'10
    25NYS goal weight: 185
    What's your game plan: multifaceted approach
    In the US: diversify my strength training, lift heavier weights, drop 2 minutes per week on my 5 K time (it's really really high atm), drop 30 seconds per week on my 500 meter swim, cardio workouts 4 days a week, strength 3 days, plus a "fun" class at the gym
    In Spain : add lunges, squats, push-ups, sit-ups, etc to my jogging routine
    Diet: eat all of my fruits and veggies every day, less processed foods, less alcohol :(

My eventual fitness goal is to do a triathalon