Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Week of August 13th Challenge!

lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Congrats to the following for completing last week's challenge! :

Sarita :flowerforyou:
Melissa :flowerforyou:
blessedmomof4 :flowerforyou:

Welcome to all of the new people! It is a new week so let's start a new challenge. Activity on the board is starting to pick back up! Don't forget to check out the "new to the workout" section.

This week the goal is to get in 18 miles of cardio! You can walk/jog/run (if you bike just count minutes like the classes) If 16 miles is too much and you are just starting out try for 9 miles. Those of you who love your classes (zumba etc.) let's shoot for 280 minutes of exercise!

New to the workout: 5 Burpees! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M

Also new!!! *** Bonus!! Stay in the green for your food log 6 days this week and earn a bonus flower on the leader board!***

*** if you finished the goals but didn't check back in time -- remember that I collect data on Sunday night turn in your results to be included on the leader board ***

*** I am NOT a doctor consult a physician for clearance if you need to do so! ****

Replies

• I'm down!! :smile:
  • blesssedmomof4
    blesssedmomof4 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm in again this week!
  • lissa0040
    Let's kick some butt! :smile:
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 650 Member
    I was forgetting to check back here. NOW I know why I LOVE it here! This challenge ROCKS. I just need to read through the old posts to figure out how this all works! (unless someone would be willing to private message me) 18 miles ROCKS! Kids started school today so it's a GREAT day to start a fitness challenge!
  • lissa0040
    I was forgetting to check back here. NOW I know why I LOVE it here! This challenge ROCKS. I just need to read through the old posts to figure out how this all works! (unless someone would be willing to private message me) 18 miles ROCKS! Kids started school today so it's a GREAT day to start a fitness challenge!

It's pretty cut and dry. You can do the miles or the minutes and try and eat in the green for 6 out of 7 days for extra credit. Tell me you finished on the challenge board right here by Sunday night and you get added to the leader board. Welcome to the challenge! :smile:
  • mjterp
    It's pretty cut and dry. You can do the miles or the minutes and try and eat in the green for 6 out of 7 days for extra credit. Tell me you finished on the challenge board right here by Sunday night and you get added to the leader board. Welcome to the challenge! :smile:

Where do we see the board?
  • mjterp
    OK...In my geekyness, I just figured out that by doing the Couch to 5K...I should easily get in my 18 miles this week! WAHOO!
    THIS will be the first time, though! And activity is by far my biggest CHALLENGE. It is hard for me to get motivated and get moving!

THANK YOU!!!
  • lissa0040
    Yay! Couch to 5 k is a great way to get cardio in! The leader board is just a fancy way of saying the first post for the Weekly Challenge. Do you see the very top post that I made on this strain with people's names and smiley faces next to it? That's the leader board post. Fancy stuff. lol
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    I am down for the challenge. I am late. I don't understand the staying in the green.
  • chrissy198727
    Never mind I got it. lol
  • chrissy198727
    I like the staying in the green challenge. It really make me reflect. I took a look at the overview of my week. And I was in the green one day, with the exception of one day equaling out on protein. all the other days are destroyed by sodium. I have to work on that.
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 140 Member
    I was on vacation this week in Maine. It was beautiful. I managed the exercise goals, swimming, walking and no I didn't count shopping! I had a tough time staying in the green for the whole week. I need to get back in the green this week.
  • blesssedmomof4
    blesssedmomof4 Posts: 25 Member
    I have completed the weekly challenge by having 1100 exercise minutes and staying in the green 6/7 days.
  • I did it!!! 24.71 miles!! I am so shocked at myself!! Gotta work on staying in the green, though. Did stay under my calories for the week. Yay me! :)

By the way, thanks for putting up these challenges! Very motivating.

Vanessa
  • chrissy198727
    This week:

Weekly Total / Goal 392/300 4979 / 3000s

Now I was only in the green zone 2/7 that sodium killed me, but I will be ready for next week.

I hope I did this right.