AB Routine

Options
chu604
chu604 Posts: 353 Member
Today I will be introducing a new Ab work into my routine again.
I used to hit Abs like crazy when I first started working out. Now they basically only get worked when Im doing resistance movements because I am engaging my core. However, this only means that I have a solid core. My Abs don't really " Pop out "
I still need to lower some bodyfat % yes, but I would like my abs to have a fuller (bigger & rounder) look to them.

To be done 3 times a week not on CORE training days

3 Giant Sets In Total

5-10 sec rest in between each exercise
1-2 minute rest in between sets

Set #1

Hanging Leg Raises x 30
Bicycle Crunches x 30
Lying Leg Lifts x 30
Cable Crunches x 30
Jack Knives x 30

Rest - 1-3 mins

Set #2

Hanging Leg Raises x 20
Bicycle Crunches x 20
Lying Leg Lifts x 20
Cable Crunches x 20
Jack Knives x 20

Rest - 1-3 mins

Set #3

Hanging Leg Raises x 10
Bicycle Crunches x 10
Lying Leg Lifts x 10
Cable Crunches x 10
Jack Knives x 10

Oblique Training :

To be done after the 3 Giant Sets

Side Jack Knife : 2 sets x 30 each side

Dumbbell Side Bend : 2 sets x 15 each side

#HiiiPower

Replies

• HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Going to def. try this routine out.

Will report back in 50ish days on the progress.

HgH:drinker:
  • chu604
    Options
    Awesome haha, I haven't started it yet because Im limited by equipment
    I will be back in my old gym in 20 days and then I will be doing this exact routine, It looks killer.
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    Good workout. Had to make a few tweaks (couldn't do the side jack knives - hip bone was digging into the ground). Those jack knives are killer.

HgH
  • chu604
    Options
    Good workout. Had to make a few tweaks (couldn't do the side jack knives - hip bone was digging into the ground). Those jack knives are killer.

HgH

Great to hear, I am looking forward to getting down and dirty with it. I'll probably be making a few adjustments myself.
    19 more days until I move and I will be fully equipped to do this. :)
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    My stomach was killing me as I was teaching today. Do you recommend doing it everyday or every other day? I know it is working from the way I am feeling.

HgH
  • chu604
    Options
    My stomach was killing me as I was teaching today. Do you recommend doing it everyday or every other day? I know it is working from the way I am feeling.

HgH

3 days a week
    Some people believe that ABS can be worked everyday but that doesn't make sense to me when Its just like any muscles and needs rest to grow. Also It can leave you in pain or weak and that will effect not only your workouts but just getting through your day.

Thats just my opinion!!
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    Yeah, I think every other day sounds about right. It hurts when I sneeze so I think my stomach is trying to tell me something. Thanks again for the workout - spreading it around to the other teachers :laugh:

HgH
  • chu604
    Options
    Yeah, I think every other day sounds about right. It hurts when I sneeze so I think my stomach is trying to tell me something. Thanks again for the workout - spreading it around to the other teachers :laugh:

HgH

Haha sweet thank you very much!!
    Glad its working!:D