Unbelievable NSV!

Options
epcooper
epcooper Posts: 161 Member
I've been deliberately eating more for about 3 months now, and for the past week I've been noticing all of these little hairs sticking up all over my head. It was super depressing because I thought my hair was breaking more than before. I've always lost a lot of hair in the shower, and I figured that on top of having thinning hair, now my hair's prone to breakage as well. I never dye my hair and rarely even blow dry it, since it's naturally curly.

Well I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror this morning and noticed that these hairs have tapered ends. I even pulled one out to examine it more closely......no blunt ends or signs of stress. I have NEW hair growing in! And a lot of it....all over my head! And in the past couple of days I've noticed much less hair coming out in the shower....I mean maybe half the amount I was losing 6 months ago.

Even if I don't lose any weight when I get into my cut, this alone is totally worth doing the reset for me!

Replies

• rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh....my...GOODNESS.

Okay, so over the past month I've noticed the EXACT same thing and just thought I'd acquired some new (VERY LONG) flyaways around my hairline, and that it was due to breakage/brittle hair.

But OMG I just checked them after reading your post - SAME THING! TAPERED ENDS! FRESH NEW HAIR! WHAT ON EARTH?!

This is CRAZY.

Not that I need thicker hair given I have ridiculously thick and curly hair, but I'm sure this is an amazing sign!

Yay for us! *high five*
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That is truly and amazing NSV!
    Way to go!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Wow!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!

I have reported that since EM2WL I've stopped losing hair in the shower but now I'll have to have a better look and see if I'm getting some new hair!!

THESE NSV'S are the things that are never mentioned in our "Diet Mentality" world!!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Love this!! How cool is that!!

Congrats!
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love this! I've experienced this also, but also thought it was breakage. Nope...new hair! Yessss! Much less hair coming out, too.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience. For about a year before I started my journey, my hair dresser kept commenting that I had a lot more of those little hairs than I use to. For me it was breakage. The last time I went to see her, she commented that I had a lot less. Yea!! Congrats on your NSV!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's a really lovely NSV :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I think I will be giving my hair a good look tonight!
  • evilmonkee
    evilmonkee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
    I had a similar experience. Couple weeks after upping my calories from low (but not very low) diet to TDEE-15%, my skin, hair, and nails started looking great. Now my dog is the only one who sheds in the house.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I've noticed less shedding too.