Starting induction today...

Options
jbella99
jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
Benn reading so many Paleo books lately.. Ifigure Atkins is a good place to start. I am a carbaholic with high blood sugar. Did atkins a number of years ago with some success. So I am gonna give it another go.

Looking to find some new atkins friends. I am mixing the atkins with my eat more to weigh less calories.

Replies

• mycatbutters
    mycatbutters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I had great success with Atkins many years ago. I let some emotional issues get in the way of eating properly.

I just recently started induction myself on Wednesday. I have had good success so far but that's mostly because my daughter has been out of town and I only have to concentrate on myself. Once I'm cooking for everyone again, I hope I can keep up my same level of healthy eating.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Well so far I have been over on my carbs... So I started fresh this morning.. I am thinking about going primal but I want to finish the book first so I am gonna try really hard to break my carb addiction with Atkins...

I need snack ideas.... any suggestions
  • katidid213
    katidid213 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

I started induction today. I lost 50 lbs on Atkins in 2010 but gained it back during infertility treatments.

Ready to feel good again.
  • mycatbutters
    mycatbutters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are almonds and cucumber slices. It's really surprising how sweet vegetables are when I'm not filling my body full of junk food. I also like pepperoni with a little cheese, lunchmeat rollups. I'm going to start making those minute muffins or whatever they are called.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'd just like to point out you have your macros wrong for atkins. you're eating too many carbs.

20 grams of carbs a day is generally what people strive for..
    so about 5% carb, 30% protein, and 65% fat might be a better macro setting for ya.

snacks:
    pepperoni and cheese
    a spoon of peanut butter
    olives and pickles
    lettuce wrapped around bacon
    hard boiled eggs