^*%$%&# Coworkers!!

Options
kvalmera
kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
Ugh why do they insist on bringing pizza, brownies, cupcakes and all things I am not allowing myself to have to work just to "snack" on overnight??? It's hard enough to resist on a day to day basis but dang, I am at work for 8 hours constantly eyeing in the wrong direction. Two nights in a row they decide to throw a going away party for a doctor leaving. It just REALLY, REALLY sucks!!

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Oh god. My work is bad too!! Usually only around holidays but I Feel ya!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    We used to have trays of Crispy Creme doughnuts ... I was a terrible sugar-monster back then (e.g. much tea with 3 sugars) ... Absolutely fatal for me because I'd be eating so badly I'd be hungry all the time.

These days I could pass them up though, just not worth it.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Yeah it sucks.... but you can resist!! Then you can sit there and bask in the smugness that you resisted :o)

I work in an office with about 90 people- all of whom bring in treats when it's their birthday. So every week there's piles of chocolate, doughnuts, cookies, pastries, biscuits, cupcakes, pies...... in the kitchen. I can avoid it- until it's my turn to get the coffee's and then I have to wade through the sugary treats to get to the kettle!!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    75+ women here in a large scale Medical Billing and Finance office.
    These people bring in so much junk its rediculous.. but it is extremely easy not wanting any of it.

I come to work prepared with my protein smoothie (in front of me right now), my lunch and two hard boiled eggs.

I have been asked "why arent you participating?".. I tell them the brutal truth: this food is not healthy and I choose not to be part of someone else's bad choices..

I really dont care what they think - I simply wont be part of it! Especially where I hit the gym first thing in the morning, and come to work to hit the shower to clean up for my shift.
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yeah it sucks.... but you can resist!! Then you can sit there and bask in the smugness that you resisted :o)

I work in an office with about 90 people- all of whom bring in treats when it's their birthday. So every week there's piles of chocolate, doughnuts, cookies, pastries, biscuits, cupcakes, pies...... in the kitchen. I can avoid it- until it's my turn to get the coffee's and then I have to wade through the sugary treats to get to the kettle!!

Where do you sit? I haven't seen you in the office. haha

Joking aside, you've described my workplace to the T. I just stay away from the stuff and laugh inside at how I know those carbs and sugar are doing more harm than good in my coworkers' bodies. MuaHaHaHa :laugh:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    75+ women here in a large scale Medical Billing and Finance office.
    These people bring in so much junk its rediculous.. but it is extremely easy not wanting any of it.

I come to work prepared with my protein smoothie (in front of me right now), my lunch and two hard boiled eggs.

I have been asked "why arent you participating?".. I tell them the brutal truth: this food is not healthy and I choose not to be part of someone else's bad choices..

I really dont care what they think - I simply wont be part of it! Especially where I hit the gym first thing in the morning, and come to work to hit the shower to clean up for my shift.

Good for you, social pressure is not a valid excuse for slipping.

I work from home right now so it's not something I have to contend with but I can totally see me boiling up eggs and having my tuna salad as a daily routine when I get back into office life (coming sooner rather than later ...).

I do, however, have to try and sell Girl Guide biscuits around the school-run crowd ... Horrible things ... I digress ....
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. With 15 other people in this bank besides me it can get tough here to! Last week we had sticky buns and then this morning Italian Cream cake. Not only for bdays but when someone has something over the weekend they bring the leftover desserts here for everyone to finish off. you just have to overlook it and remember it's bad stuff and like someone ebove said, remember when you have passed it up and you see someone else eating it how bad those carbs are and what they are doing to that person. And when they are sitting there complaining how they feel after they eat it and when you see them giving you the eye when someone compliments you on your weight loss...oh it's so fun and you deffinately have the right to be smug on the inside about it! It's fun and you can think about how good you feel at the moment =)
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My work is horrible too. They provide free snacks, soda, coffee, juice, tea, etc. MOST of it is sugared crap, and then people bring in even more.

Worst part is that when they do put out low carb friendly treats (nuts for example) all the non low carbers eat that first!! Very frustrating LOL.
  • chrssyeldridge
    chrssyeldridge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Some assclown brought doughnuts to work today... Thanks a lot jerk!!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital fitness and rehabilitation center as the only lean personal trainer/group fitness instructor. The other instructors suck down donuts, oatmeal and beer (b vitamins?), then look at me funny when I try to share my choc. covered expresso beans that one of my students gifted me with this am.

wtf? I eat a few and they all looked at ME like I'm crazy? what ever!
    198892_457628570924486_523737448_n.jpg
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    I say bring in some low carb munchies...maybe you can make some converts.