Daily chat thread?

Options

Replies

• ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Good morning, Dukan-ers. I wanted to share a wierd thing with you. I was craving toast the other night, so after an hour or two of obsessive toast fantasies, I made one slice with butter and peach preserves. GUESS WHAT? I did not enjoy it. Not at all. So I think I am getting past the lack of carbs on this plan. That's good because I am (or was) a huge bread eater.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Dukan-ers. I wanted to share a wierd thing with you. I was craving toast the other night, so after an hour or two of obsessive toast fantasies, I made one slice with butter and peach preserves. GUESS WHAT? I did not enjoy it. Not at all. So I think I am getting past the lack of carbs on this plan. That's good because I am (or was) a huge bread eater.

Isn't that amazing? I listed bread as my favorite food when I signed up for the on line coaching…now I can just pass over it without thinking.
  • shelmag
    shelmag Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself today after 6 days on Attack - I am down 7 lbs! I have to add in though, I was doing a landscaping project that burned a lot of calories (moved 11 cubic yards of rock from a bed in the front of the house to the side of the house, by shovel, pail and wheel-barrow). But even with that, 7 lbs is amazing. I am starting the cruise phases today - who knew I could get so excited about being allowed to eat a salad!
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    I weighed myself today after 6 days on Attack - I am down 7 lbs! I have to add in though, I was doing a landscaping project that burned a lot of calories (moved 11 cubic yards of rock from a bed in the front of the house to the side of the house, by shovel, pail and wheel-barrow). But even with that, 7 lbs is amazing. I am starting the cruise phases today - who knew I could get so excited about being allowed to eat a salad!
    Congratulations!!! I get happy on veggie days too.
  • pkw58
    Options
    Congrats on the 7 lbs gone Shelmag! I start stabilization on Tuesday, and I am now down 40 lbs from my journey that started on Christmas eve, 2011…. Protein and Veggies from Cruise are my mainstay!
  • Cristin129
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of Attack! Am anxiously waiting to see how much I lose. I think I retained water the 1st day a bit only had a .2 lbs loss. This diet is really quite easy to follow!
  • pkw58
    Options
    Woo Hop!! I am on stabilization down 5 pounds from "true weight"... see my blog and my success post ... Dukanite for life!!
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Woo Hop!! I am on stabilization down 5 pounds from "true weight"... see my blog and my success post ... Dukanite for life!!

Well done!
  • shelmag
    Options
    I just got back from a 5 day conference and then had company for the entire weekend - I started out well at the conference, but by the end I caved and was eating anything and everything. I weigh myself on Tuesdays so tomorrow might be a frustrating day - but starting today I am going back on Attact phase for three days to kick start it again. In the past this set-back would have derailed me for a month at least, but not this time - I think because the Dukan is pretty easy to follow (other then not being able to drink red wine; I am used to having a glass of red wine with supper every day).
  • pkw58
    Options
    Shelmag,

Just keep telling yourself - I get that glass of red wine back in stabilization! I did that with so many foods and now I don't want them. But the good thing about Dukan is that during consolidation you get two celebration meals a week and you can have that glass of wine if you so desire.

Good job getting right back on track!
  • shelmag
    Options
    thanks pkw58 - I weighed in today and that 5 day conference plus a weekend of company (and me giving up) cost me +3 lbs. But...yesterday was a better day (cheated with some cheese) and today will be even better.
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started attack on Thursday, but didn't prepare properly for friday and ate off plan because of hunger! Got back on on friday evening and have been going strong since. Down 8 lbs since weighin on Thurs. I'm having a hard time eating more than 1000 cals per day and I definitely can't eat back my exercise cals....I'm just not hungry. I do get around 120g protein in per day and I take a multivitamin. I really like attack and am doing 10 days. Not sure how I'm going to do with cruise since I can't get my cals in with attack.

I'm not tired, even with the workouts. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. Anyone else have the calorie problem?
  • shelmag
    Options
    No, but I love protein! I am usually pretty close to 1200 calories per day - depending on the day. I did find on days that I ate chicken or fish as my main meal it was much harder to get in the calories. Cruise doesn't really change the calories much as you are just adding in veggies - so if anything your calories may go up slightly.
  • pkw58
    Options
    I started attack on Thursday, but didn't prepare properly for friday and ate off plan because of hunger! Got back on on friday evening and have been going strong since. Down 8 lbs since weighin on Thurs. I'm having a hard time eating more than 1000 cals per day and I definitely can't eat back my exercise cals....I'm just not hungry. I do get around 120g protein in per day and I take a multivitamin. I really like attack and am doing 10 days. Not sure how I'm going to do with cruise since I can't get my cals in with attack.

I'm not tired, even with the workouts. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. Anyone else have the calorie problem?

You will do fine on cruise. Most of the vegetables are so low in calories.. I had a lot of trouble and continue to have trouble eating all my calories.. I am on stabilization now and it is still hard as I plan a cruise day with one or two things added for stabilization (mostly avocado, apple or nuts) . Seriously adverse to eating bread, pasta, rice or potatoes. I just get full on protein and greek yogurt. but i seriously missed vegetables like tomatoes, onions, spinach. Was really glad to get apples and avocados and berries back on consolidation!
  • Claremarie1987
    Claremarie1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. Well done to you all!

I am currently on cruise about 6 months in. My SW was 235lbs and my TW is 133lbs. I have lost 67lbs so far.

Good luck to all of you :smile:
  • shelmag
    Options
    WOW Claremarie198 - that is fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration.:happy:
  • pkw58
    Options
    Way to go Claremaire198… great work!
  • Claremarie1987
    Claremarie1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you shelmag & pkw58 :happy:
  • raefost
    raefost Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, just started Dukan. Lost 6lb in 5 days attack going to start cruise today, like the idea of a day post if anyone else wants to restart the thread. Struggled last night, went out and allowed my self some booze which lead to carbs! But hope to be back on track today. Working nights all weekend so hoping to be busy and going to take a huge salad to nibble on instead of sweets and crisps! Will also take the trusted yoghurt and oat bran for breakfast. Who knew that was so tasty!!
  • pkw58
    Options
    Hi, just started Dukan. Lost 6lb in 5 days attack going to start cruise today, like the idea of a day post if anyone else wants to restart the thread. Struggled last night, went out and allowed my self some booze which lead to carbs! But hope to be back on track today. Working nights all weekend so hoping to be busy and going to take a huge salad to nibble on instead of sweets and crisps! Will also take the trusted yoghurt and oat bran for breakfast. Who knew that was so tasty!!

Hey raefost! I think the most amazing part of the Dukan plan is how my whole body really doesn't crave bread anymore … one thing I ate on cruise at night was dried beef jerky.. the lot fat version .. it was really chewy and after one piece the hunger just wasn't there.. drink water as the sodium level is a bit high. The good thing is it didn't need refrigeration.