Perhaps I've forgot because it has been so long...

Options
So, I recently got my period back again from eating better. It has been aaaages since I've had it, and I do take getting it back as a good sign. I realize there's water weight gain, etc. However, I'm nearing the end of my period (as in, tomorrow is probably the last day) and am curious if my water weight subsides AFTER my period is over with, or if it should have already passed within the first few days? I know I'm being pretty paranoid, but I'm honestly unsure, since it has been forever.

The reason I'm asking is because for two weigh-ins, I remained 124 lbs, and I had another weigh-in today and am up to 126. I don't see how I could have gained two pounds in a week's time, and am trying to blame it on water weight, but I can't be sure considering my period is almost over with.

Anyone have any input or something to ease my brain from beating itself up? Haha. I just started my sixth week of reset, and am scared that I am, in fact, still gaining so late into this.

Replies

• Jishmeister
    Options
    It's normal to gain weight during your period and it usually takes a couple days after the period for the weight to come off. At least for me that's how it is. I gain 5 pounds everytime I'm on my period but once my period is gone, the weight falls off.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I always gain about 4 lbs during my cycle and it doesn't completely dissipate until about 2 days after I'm done.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    the weight gain usually comes off the day after my period