How are you today - 8/14/12

Options
Well, I unexpectedly met up with a cousin of mine yesterday. Her BF has been cheating on her, and she wanted to get out of the house. Since it was so last minute, I didn't eat anything. We went to the mall for a while, and then we just kind of grabbed whatever to eat. My stomach is feeling it today. It wasn't low carb, but it's a good reminder on how processed/high carb foods make me feel. Back on plan today.

My goal is to try and go more than a week with being on plan. It seems that I can be on plan for seven days and then go off. Sometimes it is my fault that I stray, sometimes it's just how it happens above. Either way, it's all fixable stuff. I would like to challenge myself to see if I can go the rest of this month being on plan. I am starting to feel awful because it seems like I've been off plan for over two weeks now. I could have lost 4-10lbs in that time. When I'm on plan, I lose weight like crazy. I just have to keep reminding myself that I could be where I want to be in 6 months if I stick to plan.

Either than diet, I am going to open interviews tomorrow for a job. Jobs are tight in my area, and finding a job is impossible so I am hoping to get in. I started going to college just this past summer, but it will still take time before I have a degree. If I get into the program I want, I won't be starting classes until the Fall of 2013 and that will be two years before I am done. Sadly, I still need some extra money, whether it be part time or full time because I pay some of my tuition and books.

Replies

• ksutton30114
    ksutton30114 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the same issues when I go into the office (for work). I'm lucky that I get to work from home most of the week... but on days when I go in, I enjoy the social aspect of eating out with coworkers. Unfortunately, it's hard to balance the diet with the food choices.

The biggest help for me was when I finally embraced the idea of cooking in bulk. Twice a week, I prep all of my meals for the next several days and put them into tupperware containers. Then I can take them with me or have them on hand when it's time to eat. I find that the easier I make it on myself to heat/eat a good meal, the harder it is to make excuses on why I can't/shouldn't.

Forget about the past few weeks -- we all have those days! Make up your mind to stick to plan -- and you can do it!!! Like you said, remember the "bad" feelings of eating off-plan and use that as fuel when needed.

Good luck on the interviews tomorrow! What type of work/school are you going into?
  • jensedun
    jensedun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The cooking in bulk is a good idea, KSutton. I am going to try to incorporate it when I go back to work in September (I am a teacher). In the past I ended up eating on the fly quite a bit and I am going to try to plan ahead a little better and prep foods ahead of time. I read about a woman who makes something called "salad in a jar." She preps her lettuce and then vacuum seals it into mason jars and it stays fresh for a week! I don't know if I'll go that far, but I will try to prep ahead of time a little.
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I always do well if I cook in bulk. Sometimes I just get sick of my food choices LOL. But I do love making mock chicken nuggets using pork rinds as the crust. I should really make those in bulk! LOL. So easy, and always tastes delicious.
  • KeepItSimpleSally
    Options
    replying a day late - but yesterday I was bed ridden with a horrible migraine and slept 13 hours. I used to get migrains 3-5 times a month, but since ive started dieting this way back in Jan. i only get one every other month or so. It's been such a blessing. Sorry to hear about your friends BF cheating on her. That's a major downer. The job market seems to be slowly getting better in my area, which is nice, but a lot of people were not too affected by the dump the economy took because of it as well (bay area/silicon valley) not to say that they're weren't any at all.

I agree with the other about cooking in bulk. Chicken is easy because you can do something different with it every single day. The thing i really miss with this diet is soups. Not your average chicken noodle, but Coconut Chicken Curry, or Cheddar Brocolie. Does anyone have any good soup recipes for this lifestyle?
  • jensedun
    jensedun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/soup_recipes.html Check here and see if there are any soup ideas that catch your eye!