Mae's Body Revolution Started 07.02.12

Options
About a month and a half ago, I was finishing up Insanity by Beach Body, and was looking for a new program to continue to challenge me. Insanity was an intense cardio workout that pushed me to my limits every day, and even though my body composition was changing, the number on the scale wasn't and it became incredibly frustrating. After doing some research, my mind was set on Chalean Extreme, but late one night, I saw a commercial for Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution, and I was immediately sold. Even though BR was a newer program with not many people completing the 90 days yet, I just had a feeling that BR was the way to go. I am currently on Phase 1 Week 4, and am so glad I decided to go with BR...it is truly one of the best purchases I've ever made. After just one week doing BR, and watching what I eat, I lost 2 pounds which is HUGE because I lost 0 pounds after 60 of Insanity. I think the strength training in BR is a big reason I'm able to lose weight. In addition to BR, I do additional cardio alternating Jillian Michaels' 6 Week 6 Pack, Kickbox Fast Fix, and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD's. In all honesty, I was never a huge Jillian Michaels fan. I saw episodes here and there of The Biggest Loser, and thought she was definitely tough, and got results, but I just never cared for her. In the past, I've tried a few of her exercises on Exercise TV and gave up because they were "too hard." That is before I did Insanity, of course. Even though I didn't lose a single pound with Insanity, what it gave me was more confidence when it came to exercise challenges; it was the hardest workout I've ever done, and completing it not only gave me a sense of accomplishment, but helped me realize I could do any other workout program. And now, I have Jillian Michaels' BR and other DVD's, and although they are challenging at times, the thought of giving up never crosses my mind. Now, I'm an avid Jillian Michaels' fan. The more I learn about her, the more I like her. Not only do her moves work, but she believes in living an overall healthy lifestyle. Her podcasts are good forms of motivation when I need it, and her workouts have changed my life. After just three weeks with Jillian Michaels I have lost 4 pounds, 2 inches from my waist, and 2.5 inches from my hips. I'm very excited to see where I'll be at a month from now, and definitely excited to see where I'll be at the end of this.

Replies

• mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you are liking this program! I have bought sooo many programs off of the TV and this one has worked the best for me. I have also become a HUGE JM fan. I liked her OK before and even did some of her 30 day shred. But, I have really gotten it this time and I really relate her her information. Congrats to you! And congrats on finishing Insanity. I heard it's really tough.
  • MaeMae223
    MaeMae223 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you! I'm glad there is a forum here where we can all support one another! How far along are you in the program? Are you following the diet plan? I'm not, but am definitely making better choices now that I'm using MFP...it really helps you put what you are putting into your mouth into perspective! And do you do anything other than BR like "extra credit" cardio? I'll be done with the first month after this week...I'm excited, and scared, to move onto Phase 2!
  • MaeMae223
    MaeMae223 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've started a blog about my history with the weight issues, and my journey through Body Revolution. Here it is for anyone that wants to follow along. :)http://maesbodyrevolution.blogspot.com
  • MaeMae223
    Options
    Here's an update on my experience with Phase 2...

If any of you out there are like me, and started seeing slow weight loss at the start of Phase 2 (not sure how because Workouts 5 and 6 are NO cake walk), I tried something this week that worked. I don't have too much more weight to lose so the weight loss has been about 1-1.5 pounds a week. I noticed that after the first week of Workouts 5 & 6, I felt a little bulky in my arms, and when I weighed in I only lost -0.2 pounds which was discouraging. SO I decided incorporate Workouts 1 and 2 back into the mix. I know she says not to do additional weight training, but I make sure that the weight training matches so Workout 5 is front of the body, so I make sure I do Workout 1 which is also front of the body. Essentially I'm doing extra weight training, and I chose Workouts 1 and 2 because they start off slow. I weighed myself again after two days of putting Workouts 1 and 2 back into my workout routine, and I've lost 1.2 pounds! My arms have also toned back up...not sure what caused that. I also do at least an hour to an hour and a half of cardio each day. I was a little bummed on Monday at weigh in, but feel like I've found the answer. I have about 10-15 more pounds I want to lose. We'll see what happens next week. Let me know if this works for any of you!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! i'm reading your blog as we speak. I'm on Week 2 of Phase 1 and it's kicking my butt (in a good way).

I started a blog as well if you want to check it out. http://tiktok9.blogspot.com :wink:
  • MaeMae223
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! I'll check out your blog now. :)