PHASE 1 WEEK 1

Options
holljo44
holljo44 Posts: 3 Member
Alright, I'm going to start Jillians 90 day revolution today!! I tried her metabolism boosting menu and food plan before, but I'm just not interested in that. I feel too restricted. So I'm going to stick with MFP and start with week 1 instead of doing the metabolism boot. If anyone else is doing this add me! I'm so excited to make a change :)

I'm also going to start training for a 5k with the couch to 5k program! Wish me luck.

Replies

• Alexmcdermott6
    Options
    Hey!!! As soon as I get mine I'm on it! I'm substituting the cardio DVD of a run. I'm doing 5km twice a week at the moment and want to try and increase it to 10km.

Let me kow how you go getting started.

Xxxxx
  • pizzakalzone
    Options
    Hi. I just completed week 2. Today I start my next round of strength training DVDs. For the kick-start week I did double up on the workouts, but I didn't follow the diet plan. I continued to use MFP to track my calories and keep them to 1200-1250/day. I'd also recommend you take your starting measurements and get some good "before" pictures.

I don't think it's a problem to sub in your own cardio instead of her workouts. She likes to use interval training, so it may be the best of both worlds if you incorporate interval training into your runs too.

Good luck :)
  • Nikkialbert02
    Options
    I did my first workout yesterday and will be doing workout 2 today. Just like you I decided to skip the whole kickstart part and jump right into it.
  • holljo44
    holljo44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good!! Workout one wasn't too bad, but I am SORE today. Here goes day 2!
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good!! Workout one wasn't too bad, but I am SORE today. Here goes day 2!

That is why it nice that you don't have to work those muscles for 2 days!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you ALL.....I have completed a round of this 90BR....and will be adding it back once I get finish with Insanity...Good Luck to you guys ...
  • Alexmcdermott6
    Options
    Just done my 5k today in about 38 mins. Got to get it down to under 30. How you getting on? Xx
  • chelsibear85
    chelsibear85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started the kickstart week today with her meal plan. I hated doing two workouts! Prob because the meals are so restricted im soooo tired.. no afterburn energy here. IM pretty much dragging my *kitten* around trying to get my dinner ready and all i want to do it go to bed. hopefully i have more energy tomorrow!
  • amy_wills
    amy_wills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started BR on 8/13/12 and am following the KickStart plan; however, the no carbs thing really made me tired and hungry yesterday! Im a runner and I *need* my carbs! So today I added into my food journal some homemade protein bars with ground oats in it -- and I feel SO GOOD today :) What a difference just a few carbs make! I am keeping my calories to 1200 a day, tho, in an effort to stay true to Jillian's plan.
  • awakenedsoul
    awakenedsoul Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just started JMBR as well. I'm also thinking of supplementing with C25K. It's Cardio that I can do with my hubby and one of my goals is to run a 5k with him, my sis, and nephews. As of now, I'm the weakest link. No bueno! Good luck! Feel free to friend me as I enjoy reading about everyone's progress. Very motivating!