Fallen in love w nectresse

Options
This may be old news, but it's new to me. Yesterday I was picking up more Truvia/stevia and there next to it was this orange jar called nectresse by Splenda. So I checked out the label and decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did! It's amazing! No bitter after taste! I am in love...it only takes scant 1/4 tsp to equal 1 tsp of sugar. Sugar/sweetness is a trigger, so even though I would of like to of added more, just that 1/4 was great w no after taste yeah! Now I hope someone doesn't come up w a reason why it is bad for us :tongue:

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Did you use it on something hot or cold? I find more things have bitter aftertaste in the hot stuff.

As for finding a reason for it to be bad for us-well, you know someone will. I think I read last week that oxygen is killing is all...
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I did quite a search and could not find any negs.
  • kimmbird
    kimmbird Posts: 55
    Options
    So now oxygen is bad, lol tell all us who regularly meditate lol..

Seriously, I am glad you did the research, cause I was afraid to. It's been a crouch for me :)

As far as hot or cold, I only used it cold and it is much better than splenda or stevia. Howerver, if I use .25 tsp it is great. A bit of sweetness no after taste. Yet when I get a little greedy and do .75tsp it starts to taste not so good, but so much better than the yukky spends IMO ;) it is still chemical crap and not really the wholesomeness I am wanting to achieve..but....
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You can find the ingredients on their site. If you don't know about erythritol, here is a link to it, http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupplementguide/a/erythritol.htm.

Here is a link to the ingredients, http://www.nectresse.com/faq.

Looks totally safe and cool to me, but I'm no expert. Still no negs. IMHO, much better choice than any other artificial sweetener. I'm hypoglycemic...so sugars and carbs are an issue for me. We discovered all natural beet sugar and use it sparingly in our hot beverages. Doesn't take much. Just another alternative to the white refined side...did that sound racist? :laugh:

Will have to try some Nectresse.